Chapter Seventeen

No Authors Note. Just read on, people!

CLARA'S POV.

I release a huge breath I never knew I was holding.

I just called Jessica. I don't know why I dialled her line first but I just followed my instinct and dialled. Moreover her number is in speed dial on my phone.

I am still shocked that Chris is in my house. My own house. It would have been a very big surprise if it had been on better circumstances. But this, is still a surprise though.

Come on, tell me, Who shows up in your house all of a sudden, wounded with bruises all over his body? And from the looks of it, if you ask me, I'd say he has an internal bleeding.

I've seen, in movies, someone beaten to stupor. The characteristic features are outstanding. The eyes, usually one eye, turn red with a thick shade or cloud of black or purple, in worse cases, beneath it. The nose is levelled out. Like it goes flat. The ears lose their form and position. One may be too high or the other too low. Two or three teeth gets missing. The tongue and lips goes blood red from the bleeding of course. The hands are white due to lack of proper blood circulation. And the breathing is forced. Like when a goat's throat is slit and its trying to breath. Okay, that's too extreme but still its close.

Well, all these features are right before me, in real human form. And the maddening aspect is that the victim is my supposed boyfriend. Who could have done this?

Chris had told us that the guy that kidnapped him and his friends some time ago was a serious black belt holder in taekwondo. I can swear that what am seeing here is not just taekwondo. This is Kung-fu's evil version.

Call me weird but I can't help but take pictures and videos of this. Not minding the fact that Chris would kill me later for this, I think its worth it. He's always turned me down whenever I ask him for a selfie together. and he rarely has pictures of himself.

Since Chris told me that he doesn't want to go to the hospital, I have been tasked with the job of cleaning him up. Just like in the movies, where the girlfriend gets to do the job after probably warning the boy not to go to the fight. Don't blame me for referring to movies. I just love them and I was actually watching one that has almost the same story line as this. I've even forgotten the name but again it's me. I watch movies without bothering to know its title. I know, Weird.

Chris turns slightly and moves his head to the other side. That's when it hit me! Chris is Shirtless. Scratch that!

CHRISTIAN MADUBUKO IS NAKED!

Well, not really but he's only in his boxer shorts. He's not really that well built like the guys in those movies and wattpad stories, but he's getting there. Those wattpad guys are overrated. After Jerry gave all of us the application last week or so, I've solely been into Romance books. And except for a book Jerry recommended for us, The Spell Bound Sword, my library is a stock of just Romance books and series.

I shift my attention to something else. Chris has stopped breathing. What! This is not happening. Not in my house! And not on my watch!

"Chris!" I tilt his head.

"Chris!!" I shake him a little.

"CHRIS!!!" I shake him violently and slapping him as well.

"What!?" He jumps up immediately but cringes at the pain all over his body. He glares at me.

"Nothing, I just thought you had passed out!" I defended.

"Really? Clara?" He says. Disappointment plastered across his face.