Golden Wings ~~ Chapter Twenty Three

On the way to Loral's I pulled the note from my pocket to look at it.

"Would you risk your life for another?"

Written on the bottom was a spell. I quickly shove it back in my pocket before Silas noticed. I folded my hands in my lap and looked at my chipped nails. Loral is going to die. Great. Just great. What do they want to do next? They want to rip my hair out strand by strand. They might as well.

I let out a small sigh looking out the window. Silas reached over grabbing my hand again. It was a long drive through traffic. The noon sun was annoyingly bright. Going down my street created a lump in my stomach. There was no doubt that I am going to try to save Loral. I brought her to the party, this is my fault.

I walked through the front door not bothering with knocking and walked up the stairs. Emerson quickly hugged me. "You're awake."

"I am," I said. I looked over at Loral and walked slowly towards her. She looked close to dying. Her breathing was unsteady and her face really red.

"Her fever still hasn't broken yet?" Silas asked.

Emerson shook her head. I bit my lower lip. The note was burning a hole in my pocket. I touched her skin and it was burning. I turned my ring and saw her aura was barely visible. "How long has she been like this?"

"Since she fell under," Emerson said.

I covered my mouth while I coughed and asked Silas if I could have a bottle of water from the fridge in the kitchen.

"You could have gotten that yourself," Emerson said. I grabbed her hand and pulled out the note.

"I know, but he isn't going to let me do this."

"Do what?" Emerson asked confuse.

"Save Loral's life," I said holding the note out for her to see folding down the warning on the top. "Read this spell before he comes back up." Emerson hesitated but began to recite the spell and I joined her. I could feel my skin heat up, but as Emerson continued to look fine I went on. When I finished the poem, I saw Loral stir and her eyes opened. I smiled before collapsing.

I woke up in a van that was unforgivingly running over an unstable road. I sat up to wipe my face and realized my hands were chained as well as my feet. Jett was in the back of the van with me and Elie from the salon. "You mumble in your sleep," Elie says.

"I'm glad you are awake," Jett said.

"Where am I?" I said trying to wiggle my hands out of the cuffs.

"To Timeset coven's lands. You finally are ready." Jett says with a small smile.

"My friends?"

"Alive," Jett said and I glared at him. "They are unharmed." I nodded slowly.

"Your aura is remarkable," Elie says. I had no comment and stared at my hands.

I squeaked slightly when the van hit a pothole. At least I didn't feel sick anymore. They took my jewelry. My aura ring, my bracelet, and my necklace that connected me to Silas. Do they have him too or is he trying to find me? I rubbed my face again. I will not cry, not in front of them.

The van eventually came to a stop. Jett rubbed my cheek with his thumb before helping me out of the van. "Don't look too sad." I walked around the van and saw what looked like a college. Jett bends down and unlocked the shackles on my feet and hands.

"Aren't you afraid I will try to run away?" I asked rubbing my wrists.

"I'll catch you." He chuckles. I followed him obediently to inside what seemed to be the main building.