Dreams Only Last For The Night

I stood there for a second. What else was I supposed to do after seeing someone go into a house that was broken just moments ago? Shock froze me to the core and an uneasy feeling settled in my stomach. Then red flags occurred to me.

            How did he know I lived with my brother and mom?

            “We should get you home now, your mom and brother is probably worried.” He had said.

            Why didn’t I catch that before now? Uneven breaths escaped out of my mouth as I continued with my bullet points of trying to piece this hella crazy mystery together.

            No one could see the house when it was fixed, but me. He can disappear and reappear anytime and anywhere. And he has been following me ever since I got here, resulting in him knowing where I live and with whom.

            I wouldn’t be surprised if he knew my social security number.

            But… why? Why couldn’t anyone else see the house, besides me… and, I guess, Arian and Jasper?

            I knew it was them in the window that day.

            Why could he vanish like air? And why, for heaven’s sake, was he following me?

            “Mack?’

            I gasped and jumped, before turning away from the strange house and looking at my brother.

            His expression screamed aggravation as his stood in the doorway holding a sandwich, “Are you having another one of those satan imageries?”

            Leave it to my brother. I’ve been out for hours in the dark and the first thing he asks me is if I’m having a vision, instead of asking where the hell I’ve been.

            I held my hand up to my chest, trying to calm down my erratic breathing, “I-I, no, um, I just got off work.”

             He shrugged, opened the door even more, and took a bite of his sandwich before retreating back inside the house.

                   “Mom’s still at work, there’s left over pizza in the fridge.”

            I watched Garret as he walked away, calling over his back to me. My heart had slowed down a bit and my breathing was semi back to normal as I snuck one last glance at the house.

            Tomorrow, I promised myself, Tomorrow I’ll get answers. No matter how many times I have to step on Arian’s feet.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            That night after I had did what little homework I had, taken a shower, and crawled into bed, a vision met me in my dreams.

            It was the first time I had ever dreamt a vision, and to be honest, it scared me a bit.

            Jasper.

            It was Arian’s brother, Jasper. His entire appearance was so dissimilar to his brother’s. Where Arian had short, black, spiked-in-the-front hair, Jasper had light blonde, a little shaggy, spiked-all-over hair. Where Arian had the iciest blue eyes known to man, his brother sported emerald green, with small streaks of yellow around the pupils.

            Although they were different in certain things, I found they were a like in some; their facial features and body structure were almost the same. The brothers had the same, annoying British accent. They both had strong faces, Arian had facial hair where it looked like Jasper had near to none and was clean cut, they were both pale, and they both had bodies of sex gods.