Exchanging Of Names

The rest of the day wasn’t so bad. I told Ben and Scar about my encounter with the bitch squad and both of their eyes widened.

            “Brooke and the two BB’s talked to you?!” Scar gasped.

            “No! Tell me it’s not true.” Ben accused.

            I looked at them, “Well technically they didn’t talk to me. The brunette practically hissed at me, and the two bobble heads just laughed.”

            Ben nodded, “The brunette was Brooke Trent.”

            “And the BB’s was Jasmine Bentley and Cassie Hannah.” Scar offered.

            I tilted my head, “Why do you call them the BB’s?”

            They both laughed and replied, “Bottle Blondes.”

            I shook my head, laughing softly. Scar spoke, “I don’t understand why they zeroed you out though.”

            “Yeah,” Ben snorted, “I’ve went to school with them all my life and they’ve only spoken two words to me. ‘Move’, and ‘No’.”

            Scar snickered and I muttered, “I didn’t do anything to them. Though now that I think about it, Brooke seemed to get awful cozy with Graysen after I-.”

            “No.” Scar gasped.

            Ben shook his head slowly, his face pale white.

            “What?” I looked at them like they ate one too many crazy pops.

            “You didn’t talk to Graysen, did you?” Scar whispered, bringing her desk a little closer to mine, Ben doing the same.

            “Well, yeah. He’s the one who took me to get my uniform and he’s supposed to be ‘showing me the ropes’.”

            They both shook their head and I finally had enough of their cryptic actions, “Just tell me!”

            “Graysen is Brooke’s ex. She’s been trying to get back with him for weeks now; he dumped her last month after he caught her kissing some guy from West Academy.” Scar explained.

            I scrunched my eyebrows, “West Academy?”

            Ben sighed, “You’re such a newbie. West Academy is West High’s rival. We hate each other.”

            I nodded and Scar continued, “When Brooke saw you talking to Graysen, she probably got jealous and she saw you as a threat.”

            “But I just met the guy! How could I possibly be a threat?”

            They just shrugged, which helped me out none.

            I left school after eighth period, promising to text Ben and Scar, and walked home.

            I humiliated myself in front of hundreds of people, I saw Blue Eyes again, I attained three enemies without lifting a finger, and my flip flops and glasses have seen the end of days.

            All on my first day of school.

            I sighed, just as a loud engine roared beside of me as I walked on the sidewalk. I turned my head and saw a red sports car driving slowly to the pace I was going, before the passenger window slowly rolled down and Graysen’s smiling face came into view.