Creepy Creeper

So maybe Garret hadn’t meant that he wanted my first day at a new school to rock socks. Because he let me sleep past the time I was supposed to get up and get ready for class.

            I had turned over while stretching my arm above my head with a content smile on my face as the sunlight shun through my bedroom window. Then my eyes zeroed in on the clock and saw that it was five till seven. School started at seven twenty.

            I cursed and quickly flung off the covers, running towards the bathroom to grab a quick shower. After that I rushed out with shampoo still halfway in my hair, and my towel falling off and only covering the front of my body.

            This didn’t matter anyway because I soon threw it to the side and grabbed the first thing I pulled out of my closet and threw it on; which happened to be a dark green t-shirt and tattered, light blue jeans.

            I pulled my dark hair into a loose braid, brushed my teeth, pulled on flip flops, grabbed my bag, and rushed down the stairs to see Garret eating cereal as if he didn’t have a care in the world.

            I glared and rushed over towards him before smacking the back of his head and making him jerk forward and cough on milk.

            “Asswipe! Why didn’t you wake me up for school? I’m lucky if I’m not late this morning!”

            He glared at me with crimson staining his cheeks as he coughed from choking on his breakfast. “Well I-I’m glad I didn’t n-now.”

            I rolled my eyes and turned my back towards him to reach up in the cabinet to grab one of my strawberry pop tarts, “You deserve that and many more slaps. Now hurry up, mom said you had to drive me to school.”

            At least that’s what she told me when she stopped by my room last night to tell me she would be gone by the time I woke up for school this morning, resulting in my Satan brother driving me to school.

            Yippee.

            His eyes were still narrowed when we walked out of the house and headed towards his truck. For some reason when I hoped in and buckled my seat belt as Garret started the vehicle, my attention went towards the house next door.

            My hands tightened around my bag’s straps as I took in the sight before me. The house was whole again. Just like it was the first time I saw it, it was perfect, with the purple flowers around it swaying softly in the light breeze.

            My eyes glanced farther up on the house, looking towards the second story windows, and I had to bite my lip to keep from gasping. Because in the farthest right window, closest to mine, stood a boy’s silhouette, gazing down at me. I couldn’t make out his face because the sunlight was casting a shadow on his features, but I did know he looked tall and muscular.

            And by the way my body quivered, I had a pretty good idea who was watching me from the window. When a second boy joined the other in the window, it just confirmed my suspicions.

            The sound of Garret’s cursing from having to fiddle with his stuck gear shift, made me jerk my attention away from the boys from the gas station and glance at my brother.

            “I hate mornings.” He muttered before jerking the shift again and making it click into place as he backed out of the driveway.

            I looked back towards the strange house at the boys. But they were gone. And the only evidence of them ever being there was the curtain in the window softly swaying back and forth.