Chapter 13: Drinking

***9 years ago***

It was a nice restaurant, complete with windows, doors and walls. There was music in the air, mingled with the endless chatter and tobacco smoke. Waiters wore black bowties and smart pressed vests and served with a white cloth draped over the arm balancing a tray. Three Generals sat in the classy high end restaurant, just finishing their satisfactory meal.  

General Tiedoll and General Yeager stared disapprovingly at the red haired man. He was drinking a lot, no doubt because the entire meal's footed by General Yeager. Yeager rested his fingers lightly on the teacup handle and picked it up lightly. It was no secret that he was disgusted by Cross's manners.

"I dislike your manners." Yeager remarked, cocking up an eyebrow. Cross inhaled the cigar deeply, taking in the insults with it and exhaled it loudly, all the insults with it. 

"Is it unlawful for a general to take a break from his idiot apprentice?" General Cross simply asked, knowing the full answer anyway. He returned to sniffing his fragrant red wine. General Yeager and Tiedoll looked at one another and sighed. Whenever was General Cross going to grow up? 

"So back to the matter we are here, " General Tiedoll began, setting the fork and knife neatly on the plate. This meeting was not arranged simply out of the blue. They had better tasks to fulfill like finding Innocence. Finding Innocence and their Accomodators.

"It seems that you adopted another apprentice." General Yeager said, the atmosphere around them darkening with curiousity. General Tiedoll nodded. 

Cross spared no more  than a glance at them, his gaze returning to the wine glass. "The ten-year-old brat?"

"Precisely." Yeager commented. 

"I cannot tell why the Innocence chose her. She was bound to something else." He paused to look at their expressions, "Something or someone."

General Tiedoll sat back and folded his arms. He seemed to understand Cross's suspicions.

"Something or someone bad." He emphasized strongly on the last word.

Cross nodded slowly. General Kevin Yeager had a serious expression on his face, the moustache pulled tight in a frown. General Froi Tiedoll's glasses reflected every dark understanding.

"She is dangerous." Cross muttered, slowly pulling the cigar away from his lips. He stared blankly at the lucious red of the wine. "She'll grow into a fine woman." 

Kevin and Froi swung their heads quickly at him. It was a dangerous statement to make. "You wouldn't dare." Kevin snarled, his moustache twitching upwards in bemusment.

"Is there a woman on the streets that you have never slept with?! She's your apprentice, Cross!" Froi  boomed.

Cross simply looked away guiltily. "Ah, that would depend on how she turns out." Then he did what he did best : run away. Cross picked up pace and dashed off.

General Yeager and General Tiedoll shook their heads. They finished the tea and stood up. 

"Farewell then, Froi." General Yeager said, offering a handshake.

"Farewell, Kevin." General Tiedoll smiled.

With that, they part ways.         

************************************************************************************************************

Hi Hi This is Crimson Rain here. :D I haven't written an author's note for ages....

How do you like Snow White so far? I'm sorry if the story was "speed up" yeah, because Snow White's really unpredictable, no matter what Lavi says.

Please vote and comment!!! :D