"Hey baby." My mom kissed my cheek and pulled me into a hug.

"Why are you over here this late? It's grown folks hours."

"Him and Valencia probably got into an argument. When will you two learn?" My mother already knew. I came over here all the time after we fought, but I always got the same lectures.

"She's talking to some nigga and I don't like it."

"You always whining." Pops shook his head while flipping through channels.

"Why don't you like it?"

"Because..."

"Because what?"

"Just because, ma." I was beginning to get irritated with her because I feel like she was nitpicking with me.

"Didn't you tell me that you was dating someone? What's wrong with Val seeing someone too?"

"I don't want her to."

She chuckled, "So you're saying that she's supposed to sit around lonely while you date who you please?"

"Exactly."

"Boy I should knock your head off your shoulders. You sound dumber than usual." Pops butted in. "I guess I did do a little damage when I dropped you."

"Don't interfere with her love life." My mom told me.

"Hm."

"Sebastian Milo Lorizio-"

"I won't." I pulled out my phone and saw that Valencia tweeted something.

" I pulled out my phone and saw that Valencia tweeted something

I chuckled and decided to reply.

"I hate her ass."

"Son, when's the last time you had some? You're uptight as hell." Pops told me.

"Sex doesn't solve everything, shut up."

"Woman who are you talking to? Don't start getting buck cause your son is here. You know what I'm about." He warned her.

She put her hand up in his face, "Anyways, you don't hate each other. You both just need to sit down and have a talk like grown adults. You're thirty years old acting like a teenager."

"Ma, it's not me. It's her."

"That's another thing. Own up to your own mistakes and stop putting all the blame on Valencia. You two are stuck to each other for the rest of your lives because guess what. You have a son together. So you better fix it now for Bash."

I'll fix it alright.

Valencia Carter

"Why every time we on the phone you  eating something?" Dave joked, watching me eat a tub of strawberry ice cream.

I laughed, "I get hungry."

It's been a long time since I've felt butterflies when I talk to someone, especially a man. I've made it clear to David that I don't want to move too fast if this did progress to something more.

We've been texting and facetiming nonstop since I gave him my number. I feel like a teenager, not that messed up high school experience I went through, but what I should've experienced as a teenager.

"So I've been meaning to ask you something." He told me, shifting the camera as he moved on the bed to where he was now against the headboard.

"What is it?"

"Can I take you on a date Friday?"

I chewed on my bottom lip nervously, "Well where are you taking me?"

"Anywhere you wanna go."

"Anywhere?"

"Within reason." He chuckled.

"Well I wanna go skating. It's been so long since I've been."

"Skating?" He rubbed his chin as if he was thinking. "Okay, we can do that. So is that a yes?"

"Yes, it is."

"Good, good. I'll pick you up at seven.

I smiled, "Okay."

"You have a pretty smile." He complimented and my smile got a little wider.

"Thank you."

"So you told me you have a son, right?"

"Yeah, one of the few things I feel like I've done right in my life."

"Should I be worried about a crazy baby daddy?'

"Um, no." I said, but then again I don't know all of what Sebastian is capable of."

"You didn't seem so sure about that, but I'll let it slide. I'm sure you have a lot to do tomorrow so I'm gonna let you sleep. Don't forget Friday."

"I won't. Goodnight Dave."

"Goodnight Val."

I ended the call and went to sleep with a smile on my face.

♡♡♡♡♡
Sebastian?

Valencia and Dave?

Valencia and Sebastian?

Excuse mistakes.