Chapter Nine ~ Wake Up

Ethan

I am laying in bed, it's been just over three weeks since I bought Allie Rose to the hospital. It's nearly lunch time on this breezing, cold Saturday. I usually go see Allie Rose after school but I don't have school today so I'll go later. When I get the courage to go see her.
I hear a quiet knock on my door before the door knob turns slowly.

"Hey Eth.."

"Cam."

Cameron comes and sits on the edge of my bed softly.

"You want some breakfast, or lunch even?"

"N-no I'm good."

"You have to eat something Ethan."

"Why? I'm not hungry. I'll eat later."

"You going to see her today?" Cam sighs.

"Yeah.. I will always go see her Cam.. until she tells me not to.."

"Are you okay though?"

"I miss her, even when she wasn't mine or with me, she still had a smile on her face that made me happy, she changed me Cam. No one has done that before."

"But Eth, you broke up with her. You ended things didn't you.?"

"Ye-yeah. I was scared people would make fun of me.. again. And then they'd make fun of her and I couldn't do that to her but I think I made it so much worse because she won't even talk to me."

"How'd you know to take her to the hospital then.?"

"I sat with her in art and-and she wrote a letter to me then she left before I finished reading it.. She's sick Cam, she thinks she's going to die anyway.."

My vision starts to blur and then I feel a tear run down my face and drop onto my shirt. I don't cry often, only when I really care about someone or something. I haven't cared about someone the way I do Allie Rose, I butter them up, sleep with them then leave them. Allie Rose? I never buttered her up, I never slept with her but I still left her. With my lack of emotions I didn't know I would miss her at all. But I do.

So much.

"Come have lunch then I can come with you if you want?" Cam says in just a whisper.

"You don't have to.."

"I want to, I don't have any plans this weekend anyway."

"O-okay.."

I slowly crawl out of bed and make my way to the bathroom, striping of my cloths I turn the hot shower water on and wash my body.
I run down the stairs and sit at the kitchen table with Cam and Gray. The way my sandwich is made I can already tell Gray made lunch. I look up to him and he rolls his eyes knowing I know he made lunch.

***
Allie Rose was at my house once again. It was close to the end of summer. We were sitting at the kitchen table and Gray walked in.

"Use look hungry."

"I'm always hungry!" Allie Rose laughed.

"Please I'm never hungry if you're offering."

Gray and I always joke about his food being shitty but it was hard to judge when was the right time. This was not.

"Seriously Ethan!?"