Chapter One ~ First Day Back

Allison

"We can't continue this anymore."

"Wha-"

"I'm the popular boy at school, captain of the football team, I have a reputation to uphold, I can't be seen fooling around with the nerdy girl."

***

I am walking through the halls of school for the first time this year. It's my last year of school and I really can't be any more done with it. I walk through the busy morning hallway to my locker to get my books for first period, math.

"Oh my god I missed you so, so much!" I turn around as my best friend Rebecca engulfs me in the tightest hug ever, anyone would think we haven't seen each other in a few weeks.

"I missed you too!"

"What happened to you this summer? We hardly saw each other!"

"I got busy.."

Real busy..

"Anyway what class you got first?"

"Math, but I got art this afternoon! You?"

"Oh Chem! And I got art too!"

"Thank god we have a class together!"

"Well I should get to home room, love ya, see ya after!"

With that Rebecca hugs me again and walks away, her walk so energetic and enthusiastic. I slam my locker door closed with a slightly exhausted huff and puff before walking to homeroom, room 207, Mr Scupy. He's the joyful teacher, too joyful sometimes. He has this cheery voice, like an excited teenage girl, but he's cool. He's one of my favorite teachers, other than my art teacher.
I walk in and take my seat in the middle row, the seat closest to the window. Watching all the people walk their way in slowly, the one person I didn't want in my class walks in. Then he catches my eyes. His brown hair sitting perfectly and slightly spiked on top of his head, and his million dollar smile.

***
"So this summer was a game, something to keep you busy?"

"No it's not like that! I had fun but it has to stop. I'm Sorry."

"You're not sorry at all!"

***
I catch him look over to me momentarily before he notices I see him staring. He smirks like he does to every girl then walks to the back corner of the class and sits with Valery. Ugh. Valery is the female version of him. Mean. Popular. He does everything she wants him to.
After Mr Scupy goes through the role call and introduces us all to the new school year. I walk my way to maths. My maths teacher goes through trigonometry and how it is used to find sides of triangles.
Several equations and an English class later I meet Rebecca at her locker for lunch.

"So Als, you have to tell me all about your summer, I have to know what kept you so busy.!"

Als is what Becca and my family call me, my full name is Allison Rose Pagel. Not many people give me nicknames, just the close ones.

"Oh it was just family stuff." I sigh with a slight roll of my eyes.

"Family stuff, did you go back to Australia?" Becca starts jumping like a little kid on Christmas morning.