Chapter Three ~ Three Art Classes

Allison

It's forth period on Wednesday, I have art again. I walk my way to art, alone because Becca isn't in this art class. Once I reach the art room I take a seat in my usual spot at the front.

"Another art class Allison?" Mrs Spencer chuckles.

She teaches most of the art classes here, there is Mrs Bentley but I have Mrs Spencer for all mine.

"I told you I loved art."

"What's that three art classes?"

"Yep."

"Between you and Ethan."

"What about him?" I look up.

Then he AGAIN walks into art class and sits at the back.

"He has three art classes aswell!"

"Well if you love something and enjoy it you have to go for it."

I know he loves art, he's the reason I'm in art this year. Him and his convincing words.

***
He wanted me to come over, it was the second time I'd gone there that summer. When I got there he was in his room but his mother led me up there. I knocked on the door softly.

"Come in!" I heard him mutter.

So I did, I went in. His walls weren't blank, they had painting on them. Colourful ones, black and white ones, none the same though. Some similar but none the same. My favorite was the one not hanging, he had it sitting on the ground with a big book sitting in front of it. I couldn't see the whole picture but I saw the bright colours on the canvas and walked over to it, completely ignoring him. I pulled it out from behind the book. It was completely different than the others. The others were painted with a paint brush and acrylic paints, this was painted with oil paints using one of those oil painting knifes.

"Hey, why isn't this one hanging?" I looked over to him.

He was sitting at his desk which had an outline of a picture on a canvas.

"Lots of them aren't hanging Allie Rose."

"But why this one?"

"I don't, I didn't like it that much. Why, do you like it?"

"It's my favorite!" I smiled as he walked over and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Keep it then."

"What?"

"Keep it."

"Ethan it's your artwork I'm not keeping it." I tried handing it to him but he pushed it back to me.

"Please, with the way you're looking at it, there's more chance you'll hang it up than me."

"Fine I'll take it home."

He smiled at me. But I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"You have alot of paintings." I said looking around at his walls.

"Well if you love something and enjoy it you have to go for it."

I kept that painting. It sits under my bed now. But it was hanging above my bed.