Chapter Five ~ Secrets

Allison

I was watching The Fault in Our Stars, I watched it a few days ago with Ethan. I heard a knock on the front door, I opened it to see him. He didn't say he was coming but I wasn't really complaining.

"What you doin'?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Watching a movie."

"What movie?"

"The Fault in Our Stars."

"Again? why do you like that movie so much?"

I stepped back to let him in and we walked to the lounge room.

"Well everyone thinks Hazle is going to die but then Augustus does and everything is so unexpected, how we don't even know he is sick until half way through the movie."

***
It's been two weeks at school, it's Wednesday and I have art twice again.

The bell rings and Becca and I walk to my locker, where the twins are standing with their friends.

"You look like you're hiding something from me." Becca says as I open my locker.

"I don't hide things from people, who do you think I am?" I say sarcastically.

"You're Allie Rose you always hid things." He says behind me, his breathe fanning my neck.

He hasn't spoken to me since the other week, I'd hoped he wouldn't. It's not what the popular guys do.

I just sigh and walk away.

"Seriously Al? What did the two of you do because HE doesn't give people like us cute nicknames." Becca nudges me.

"We hung out in the summer, it was nothing."

"Why do you hate him then? I would be internally grateful if I got to spend summer with him!"

"Why you think he's a man-whore?."

"A hot man-whore who I'm sure is great at sex!"

"Oh my god Becca!"

***
"I have trust issues, don't judge me!" I shoved him as we sat on the beach.

We did that alot. Sat on the beach, went swimming.

"Why don't you trust me then?"

"You're the popular boy at school, you're known to cause heartbreak."

"I'm not going to break your heart, geez Allie Rose!" He laughed.

Then he entwined our fingers together. I liked when he did that, it made me feel reassured

***
Becca and I part ways as we walk to our homerooms. Mr Scupy goes through the role call and then calls him and I to the front.

"Yes Mr Scupy?" He leans one of his hands on Mr Scupy's desk.

"Ah right, now Ethan your biology teacher spoke to me and it is brought to my attention that you are failing."

He is failing biology. I know he's a jerk that likes partying but he still kept up his grades. I look over at him and he seems to look disappointed.

"Now I understand that you Allison are one of the top students in biology so I was hoping you'd tutor him." Mr Scupy says turning his attention to me.

"Wow, I don't think so." I shake my head looking at Mr Scupy.

"It would benefit him greatly, I'm sure you'd want him to graduate at the end of the year."