Chapter Two ~ Tears

Ethan

"Uhm, Since when did you learn how to skate?" I hear Rebecca talking to Allie Rose.

"Since summer break."

"Oo! Who taught you?" My head shoots up as I wait for Allie Rose to answer.

"My brother.." Allie Rose sighs.

She's hurting. I know she is, the way she slams her locker, the way she's so jumly, the way she walks so slow with her head down, the way she avoids looking at me. The way she sighs.

"Dude what did you do in the summer? Hook up with someone at the beach!?" Kurtis nudges me.

"What, seriously I'd rather a bed thanks!" I snicker.

"Who even is that?"

I look down at my painting realizing what I painted. That day at the beach with Allie Rose.

***
I walked down to the sand where Allie Rose was sitting in the sand. She was looking out over the horizon, almost hugging her drawing pad because her knees were sort of pulled up to her chest. I sat down beside her, holding my knees also.

"So what's up Allie Rose?" I leant my head on my knees and looked at her.

She turned her head to me, her deep brown eyes looked at me shortly before looking away. Her eyes sad, like she's been sitting there a while. She shook her head slightly.

"My parents keep arguing that's all.."

"Oh Allie they'll be fine." I wrapped my arm around her shoulders while she leant on mine.

"I know." She sighed, deep and slow.

"What you draw?"

"A picture."

"No shit! A picture of what?" I laughed which made her smile a little.

"A sad girl in a hoody."

I look at the girl, she had long brown hair, like Allie Rose and she had Allie Rose's hoody on. Only difference was, the girl in the picture was sad, her eyes had tears in them, her hair was messed up and her cloths where slightly dirty. That wasn't the Allie Rose I knew.

"Looks like you because that is your hoody."

"It's not me I just liked that hoody."

That's when a single tear drop hit her page, smudging the painting a little as the tear ran down the page. I picked up my hand off the sand and wiped another tear from her face gently.

***
Allie Rose isn't drawing anymore, she isn't painting. She's sitting there staring at her drawing pad. Then I see it, a single tear falling down Allie Rose's face and onto her picture, the little bit of colour she'd added, slowly smudging.
Mrs Spencer stands up from her desk and walks over to me as I raise my hand.

"What do you need Ethan?" She stands over my painting.

"Oh uhm nothing but.." I point over to Allie Rose.

Mrs Spencer smiles at me before walking over to Allie Rose, I watch her whisper something to her before Allie Rose wipes her cheeks and shakes her head.

Convenient how the school nerd and the captain of the football team had to meet on summer break.

I see Allie Rose close her drawing pad and clean her stuff up before she leaves the art room.
Mrs Spencer says Allie Rose and I are her top art students, "Use have different art styles but the passion you both have for art and the way use zone out and not realize what you're going to produce until it is done is rare in alot of artists. Artist tend to plan their art works before even doing them." Mrs Spencer always shows mine or Allie Rose's work to the class, Allie Rose's are always so well done, the right amount of details and the right colours. Perfect. Always perfect.