Chapter Eight ~ Summer

Allison

***
I was sitting on a bench at the beach, the smell of the ocean calming my thoughts slightly. Not calming them enough. I sat crying, scared knowing my life was such a mess. The thought of getting sick had never crossed my mind until days before when the doctor told me I was dying. I had held in all my feelings, someone had to be strong. My mother was a mess, my brothers had constantly been getting in trouble at school, my parents arguing all the time. I felt like the only sane one, but I knew it was a matter of time before I lost my mind too. And this was that time. The tears I tried wiping away kept falling, faster than rain and before I knew it they wouldn't stop.

My thoughts were interupted by a familiar cocky voice. "What's got you crying?"

"If you're gonna laugh at me please go now." I wasn't in the mood for him to laugh at me.

"N-no I didn't mean to sound like that, but seriously what's wrong?" For a second he sounded like he could care, I knew it was an act.

"Why do you care, Ethan?"

I had managed to slow my tears a little by this point.

"Because I may be a dick but you are sad, don't be sad."

"Okay, Ethan, why shouldn't I be sad? Huh because life is full of bullshit and a ton of heartbreak so really I don't see the point in being happy when you're just gonna end up sad. Over and over again."

I knew what I was talking about, he didn't though.

"Wow, that is the stupidest but truest thing I've heard all day, you're smarter than you look Allie Rose." He smiled slightly as he said my name.

"Allie Rose? Really?"

"What? That's your name right?"

"Allison Rose Pagel."

"Allie Rose is better." He smirked his not devilish but convincing smirk.

He made me smile. I stopped crying for once and smiled. I knew talking to him was a bad idea, he could've told people about the things we said or he could've been trying to get in my pants but I continued to talk to him anyway.
___

"You wanna hang out sometime?" He asked.

"What.?"

I knew what he said, I knew exactly what he said but I didn't know if he ment it.

"Do you, Allie Rose, want to hang out sometime, when you're not upset.."

"Who said I was upset?" I looked out over the ocean. Out over the beach. "But sure."

"Can.. I have your number?"

"Oh sure.."

He handed me his phone and I put my number in his contacts, and gave him back his phone. He smiled and stood up.

"I have to go, I'll text you okay Allie Rose?"

"Okay, Ethan."
___

Ethan- Hey its Ethan