Chapter Twenty Nine

It ended with you dropping Jungkook off at his place. Jungkook chuckled, rubbing his nape, "I feel so ashamed for having you drive me home.." He smiled awkwardly.

You laughed, "it's fine." He slowly nodded, grabbing his basket that was at the back seat. You went out with him and walked him towards the front door.

"You make me feel even more uncomfortable." He whined, smiling. You laughed, "is it because you're used to walking girls to their door instead of a girl walking you?" You teased.

Jungkook laughed, "thanks for today." You chuckled, "I should be saying that." He nodded, "well, umm..thanks for going to my picnic?" You nodded, "no problem."

He reached for the door knob. "And Jungkook," you said, making him turn. He raised his eyebrows. "Umm--" you paused, laughing at yourself from embarrassment, "nevermind."

Jungkook sighed and walked up to you, giving you a peck on the forehead. Your eyes widened, your cheeks were red. "Drive safe." He said before heading inside.

You rubbed your forehead he pecked on, speechless. You decided to head back in the car. Your heart was pounding to the point it felt like it was gonna burst out of you.

"W-What--" you looked at yourself in the mirror, noticing your tomato face.

Jungkook walked inside his room and texted you.

jungkook
text me when you
arrive home

He turned his phone off. He smiled sheepishly at his actions. Next thing you know he was on the ground, regretting his life choices.

Jimin walked inside the room, seeing the maknae on the ground with pillows stacked on top of him.

"Jungkook?" Jimin raised a brow. Jungkook stood up, making pillows drop to the ground. He held onto the short man's shoulders, "I-- uhh--" he stopped and slammed his fists on the wall due to frustration.

Jimin was confused as ever. "Maknae what are you doing?" Jungkook heaved a heavy breath, "nevermind, nevermind." He said. Jimin would've declined his answer but he decided to let it go for now.

"What did you and y/n do when Taehyung and I weren't around." He asked. Jungkook paused his actions and froze.
-

You drove home and dropped your keys on the countertop. Junyung's room was locked but you decided to leave him alone. It's for the best.

You went inside your room and closed the door, your face still a tomato. You were still confused why Jungkook did that. "Does he..have feelings for--" you paused.

"You can't assume. You cannot assume. It's just a friendly kiss, yeah. A friendly kiss." You told yourself repeatedly. You decided to final text Jungkook back.

you
hey, i'm home

jungkook
hey

It goes silent. You freaked out, trying to think of something to reply to.

jungkook
were you..freaked
out about the

jungkook
you know

But before you could reply,

jungkook
i'm very sorry

you
for what?

jungkook
don't play dumb,
you know what i'm
talking about for sure

you
why are you
saying sorry??

jungkook
you're probably
confused and i'm sorry
about that

jungkook
especially after what
happened to..you know,

jungkook
us

you
well you don't have to
feel sorry about that

you
its completely fine

jungkook
thanks i srsly don't
know what came over me

jungkook
OMG DON'T TAKE IT
THAT WAY

You couldn't help but smile.

you
hahaha don't worry
too much about it

jungkook
i just did that to make
sure you have a safe
drive and you did

jungkook
hORRAY

You smiled lightly at him panicking in chat. You found it thoughtful of him to do so. But you didn't know why he had to kiss you. On the forehead that is.

jungkook
you should probably
head to bed now

jungkook
you've had a LOONG
DAY after all

you
alrighty ;P
-

Jungkook turned his phone off, facing the ceiling. He chuckled, "rejected."

-

sorry for the lack of updates ;--;