| cнapтeг 24 ❤

Start from the beginning

"Please don't call 911. They're gonna put me to jail when I'm out of the hospital" She cried.

I ignored her. "We need an ambulance," I said, through the phone when they picked up.

    I gave them the address before hanging up. They came in about 20 minutes and took Justice into care. I walk over to her after the police questioned me.

"Please, Chres" She cried. "They're gonna put me in jail. Don't let them take me. I poisoned your mom, that's how she died. Please, don't let them t-take me."

I wanted to punch her dead in the face after that. But, she's lucky I don't hit females. "If them putting you in jail is what it takes for you to change back to your old normal self, then, I'm sorry. Imma have to let them put you in jail"

    That was the last thing I told her before the ambulance took her to the hospital. I got in my car and drove home. I'll head over Ciara's in the morning. Talking about her, I had about 7 miss calls from her.

I sat on the egde of my bed and called her back. She picked up right away. "Babe, are you alright?"

"Yeah," I simply answered. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You left so quick and didn't even answer none of my questions" She said, softly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that" I ran my hand through my curls.

"Where did you go?" She asked.

"I went to go check on Justice" I retorted.

"What do you mean you went to go check on Justice?" I can already hear the anger in her voice.

"I'll explain to you tomorrow," I said, laying on my bed. "It's complicated"

    "You had no reason to go over there, Chresanto" She snapped. I could tell that she was pissed since she said my full first name. "You fucking left me by myself to watch a movie just to go check on that bitch."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Ci-"

   "She made someone kill your mom, Chres!" She interrupted me. "And you still went to check on her when she don't even give a damn about you!"

"Ci, I know" I said, slightly getting annoyed. She needs to chill and let me talk. "But, you gotta forgive and forget" Even if I didn't forgive her.

"So, you went to her house to tell her you forgive her?" She inquired, chuckling.

"I never said that," I slightly shrugged.

"Well, why were you at her house?" She asked again, sighing.

"I said, I'll explain to you tomorrow," The annoyance was thick in my voice.

She sighed "Aight. Whatever, Chres. Goodnight"

"Night." I hung up. I stared at the ceiling, thinking about what just happened. She's overreacting.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me." I mumbled before getting myself ready for bed.

•••

Ciara

    "Well?" It was 2:00 in the afternoon. Chres was in my room, staring at me like I've lost my mind. I was looking at him, waiting for an explanation. "I have to meet Robin in about 45 minutes, I suggest you start talking"

"Look, babe" He started, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Comes to find out that Justice lied to me about the Charles guy and-"

"And you still went to her house!" I yelled. "Wow, Chres"