| cнapтeг 21 ❤

| Jυѕѕ α вιт ѕυѕρι¢ισυѕ.

Ciara

He turned and looked at me. He studied my face for a while. Then, he chuckled. "What do you mean you think Justice killed my mom?"

I bit my lip and shrugged. "I mean, she's always trouble. Plus, we haven't seen her for a while now,"

He chuckled, again. "Just because we haven't seen her for a while doesn't mean she's the cause of my mom's death, babe"

I raised my hands up in surrender. "Nevermind. You think I sound crazy," I went back to cooking the pasta.

"Maybe," He said and I turned around, looking at him. He smirked at me and shrugged. "You sound a little crazy," I rolled my eyes playfully and flicked him off. He chuckled. "Well, that's not very nice"

I smiled and turned back around. When I was done, I put his food on a plate as I did the same to me. We sat in the dining room to eat. "Are you gonna be okay?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Y'know, when I go back home tomorrow," I started, putting my fork down for a minute. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Of course, I'll be okay" He looked at me. "Why would you ask me that?"

"Well, maybe because I'm afraid you'll break more glasses and have another bleeding palm" I chuckled, finishing my food.

"I was angry at myself," He started. "I still am with the heartache I'm feeling right now, but, I promise I won't go crazy"

I nodded. "Good,"

He look down at his food for a while. I observed his face. Something's bothering him. When he noticed my stare, he looked up. Right when I was about to ask what was wrong, he started talking. "I don't wanna go to her funeral,"

I raised my eyebrows, shocked. "Why?"

"I don't wanna see my mother getting buried, Ciara" He said.

"I know its hard, Chres" I started. "But, that's your mother; you have to go,"

"I don't have to go," He scoffed.

"You think it was easy seeing both of my parents getting buried?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows. "Plus, my grandma?"

"Exactly." He stated. "That's the reason why I don't wanna to go"

"I know it's not easy," I started, placing my hand over his. "I know you don't-"

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore," He removed my hand over his. He stood up with his plate and put it in the sink. He drank his juice and walk back to the dining room. "Thanks for the food, it tasted good"

I watch him walk up the stairs. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I grab my phone off of the kitchen table and called my mom.

She sniffed. "Hello," Her voice was weak and low.

"Hey, mom" I said. I don't wanna ask her why she was crying. I'm sure we all know. "M-mom, I'm staying at Chresanto's"

"T-that's fine, honey" She sniffed, again. "Tell him I said I'm sorry f-for his um-"

"I'll give him the message," I said, interrupting her. It was kind of hard for her to get her words out. Her and Mrs. August were close after all.

"Goodnight, sweetie"

I nodded, as if she could see me. "Night, mom" We both hang up. I put my phone in my back pocket. I stood there for a while. I hope he's not mad at me. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed.