"She's breathing." Someone said. "Ashton!" I felt someone shaking me. "Ashton! She's breathing."

I looked up to see Ryan looking at me in concern. In a distance, I see Will carrying Gwen to the paramedics that came. He placed her on the stretcher and moved to sit in the van with her.

"Ashton," Ryan shakes me again. "She's breathing. There's a hope. You can't break now. We have to be strong for her."

There's a hope. She is breathing. My girl will be fine. She promised. You better be fine, Gwen. Or I'll never forgive you. With that, I got up and rushed to the car with the others and drove to the hospital where they were taking Gwen.

**

Will

"Sir, I'm afraid, I can't let you come with us. You can follow in your car," one of the paramedics said.

My head snapped towards him. I glared at him which caused him to flinch. "She's my sister and I'm not leaving her alone." I said, through my gritted teeth.

"But," he began.

"I said I won't leave her, means I won't leave. Rather than wasting time here, take her to the hospital!" I shouted, before turning around and focusing my attention back on Gwen who was lying on the stretcher in the ambulance. I squeezed her hand which was in my hand, crying softly.

I let my sister down again. My job was to protect her and I failed to do so. If only I wasn't so angry, I would have seen Gwen sneaking out and if only, I had caught her and gave her an earful about doing something this reckless. When she closed her eyes, I thought I lost her, forever. But she was breathing, she was unconscious. I won't let anything happen to her.

I pulled out my phone and called Sophia. She knows what was going on and will be able to help me. "Hello?"

"William? Is everything okay? Is everyone okay?" She asked, frantically. I heard Mom firing question from behind. I forgot that Sophia was with Mom. She doesn't know about Gwen.

"No." I sighed in regret. "Gwen is shot. We are taking her to the hospital."

There was silence before I heard a loud thud. My mind was on full alert. "Stephanie!" Sophia yelled. I heard a loud crying from behind. I'm sorry, I couldn't keep Gwen safe, Mom.

"Sophia, listen to me." I called her attention.

"Will, your mom-" she began.

"I know. But this is more important. I want to you call Aunt Benny and make sure she is ready by the time we reach the hospital. Do it now." I ordered and ended the call. I saw the paramedics were putting the breathing mask on Gwen since her breathing was slowing down. "What's wrong?"

"Her breathing rate is falling." He said, as he and one of them starting fussing around. Trying to stop the blood and also were trying to bring Gwen's breathing to normal. "We have to reach the hospital faster."

A steak of fear passed through my heart, but I remembered I have to be strong. Strong for Gwen and everyone else. Nothing will happen to her.

We reached the hospital soon after that and Gwen's breathing was falling and rising, it was difficult to comprehend anything. The doctors took her in the operation theatre and the rest of us were waiting outside. Sophia had called Aunt Benny for operation as I requested. Mom was crying as Dad tried to comfort her. Dad looked a little rough too, so Ethan request him to be checked once by the doctor which he refused, but after some begging from Mom to make sure he was okay, he agreed, but not before ordering to call him as soon as we get news about Gwen's condition. We agreed and Dad and Mom along with Ethan and Blake went to get him checked.