Chapter 48

Chapter 48

**

As soon as the phone ended, Tyler made a dash out of my door. "Where are you going?" I shouted behind him.

"To say goodbye to my Mom. I don't think she'll be seeing me anymore." He shouted back a reply.

I rolled my eyes at the drama queen. I removed the file of the Paris trip that I had already prepared. If I tell this plan to my brothers, they won't allow me to carry on with this plan. But I have to. I need to. I thought about it and decided to talk to Dad about letting me carry on with Paris plan with the school. My committee doesn't know about this either, only me and Amber. Once Dad is fine with it, I'll ask this to Principal Ben.

I looked at the file and sighed. I'll talk to him after dinner. Until then, I decided to complete my school work. After completing my homework, I had nothing important to do so I called Ashton. I had to see the situation with Tyler.

"Hello?" A grumpy voice answered.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, falling backward on my bed.

"Stupid Tyler messing with my sister," he muttered.

"He might genuinely like her," I reasoned.

"I don't think so."

"What if Will did the same thing with you?" I asked.

"I would've tried." He sighed.

"Exactly. Give a chance and see how it goes. And I know him, he won't hurt her."

"How can you say that?" He snapped. "Weren't you all angry when he came back? Being all dramatic. What changed? He can hurt her the way he hurt you. I'm not taking any risk. I don't want her to go through whatever you went!"

Hurt. That was what I felt when he said that. I was angry, sad and hurt. But I had a reason. Even if I didn't have answers that time, I have now. I can say I trust Tyler. He had my back before and I can say he has my back now. He doesn't know what I went through or Tyler went through. Saying things like this doesn't make me feel good. Remembering it doesn't make me feel good rather scared that I'm going to open the chapter that was closed years ago. It ended incomplete and I plan on completing it. But if I don't have supported from the person I love, how will I fight?

"You're right. No one deserves to go through what I went." I said, swallowing. I wiped my tears away as I continued. "Don't let him date her."

I waited for his reply. "Yeah, whatever." With that he ended the call.

I dropped my phone to the side as I recalled the awful day. All the hit, punches and kicks. Slaps and pushes. Something you wouldn't dare to do to a 10 years old. Scars, physical as well as mental they leave behind, making you depressed. Scared that it will come back again, not letting you live.

Ashton doesn't know what happened. Maybe if he did, he wouldn't have talked the way he did. But that still doesn't give him the right to say what he did. He hurt me. He hurt me bad.

I picked up the phone and messaged Tyler.

I'm sorry.

I stared at the text. If Ashton didn't allow Tyler anywhere near Ashley, then it would be my fault. My phone ping.

No. I am.

I smiled sadly. Guess, he knows. I don't know why I couldn't let the tears stop from falling. Not long enough, I heard Mary-Ann's voice calling for dinner. I didn't want my brothers to grow suspicious, so I washed my face and applied a light make-up to make sure my face doesn't look all red from crying.