Chapter 2

Chapter 2

**

At the hallway, I parted ways with Alex as I had history and he had chemistry. As I rounded the corner, I saw Jonathan, one of the council members, talking on the phone.

"Yes baby, I'll come soon," he said to the other person. Girlfriend maybe?

"No, don't worry. I'll get you what you want." He said. "Yes okay. I love you." He ended that call after listening to the other person. He turned around and saw me looking at him. A council member out of class talking to a girlfriend is strictly not allowed.

"Gwen?" He called, nervously.

"Why are you out of the class?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I..." He hesitated and shook his head. "I can't tell you."

"You being a member of the council are not allowed to stay out of class. You know that. Then why?" I asked. I needed answer and I'll get it.

"I can't." He said in a low voice.

"Then I think you aren't allowed to have the batch of the council. Also a punishment will be given," I said, straight forward.

His eyes widen. "Gwen please. Don't." his voice broke at the end. Even if he doesn't tell me, I won't be removing him. He is genuine and very talented person.

"Tell me, Jonathan." I demanded.

He sighs. His head hanging low. "I was talking to my sister," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "My parents had an accident a few weeks ago. I...I don't know what to do. It's only me and my sister. And I don't know how to earn money. And...and.." I stopped him by squeezing his shoulder in assurance.

"You can go to class, Jonathan." I dismissed him, softly. He nodded and left without a word. I know a way that could help him earn some money.

Dad has established such a large entity that require employees. I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to help him. With that, I pulled my phone and called Dad. "Hello?"

"I'm busy. I don't have time." I was greeted by his cold voice.

"Dad, it's me." I said, flatly.

There was shuffling before I heard his voice again. "Gwen? Are you alright? Did something happen? I thought it's someone troubling me again."

"Isn't your number like, not allowed to be called in?" I asked.

"It is." Then how?

"Anyways, I want to ask a favor?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't talk on the phone. I'll come to the office today?" I asked, hopefully.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, worried.

"Yes, Dad." I promised.

"Oka-" he was cut off by Will.

"Dad, there is something important." His voice deep and scary. He's definitely angry.

"Uh..just a second," Dad replied to Will.

"After school, right?" He asked. This time his question was directed to me.

"Yes," I nodded, even though he can't see.

"Oka-" he was cut off, again.

"Who are you talking to?" Will asked, his voice still lacing anger.

"Gwen." Dad stated.

"What? Why?" Again shuffling. "Gwen, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Will. I just want to talk to Dad. I'll come to meet him after school." I said, and began walking to my class.