Chapter nineteen: Drama, drama and Romance?! (part 2)

Isa's pov

I faced palmed myself for hoping he would forget about it, "hey..." Aaron interrupted me, looking at me in the eyes, I was feeling quite uncomfortable, so I stood up and just when I was about to go Aaron stopped with his frame in front of me "I also wanted to do something else..." He blurted out, before I could understand what he was referring to I felt his lips against mine.

Oh God, It felt so good, that I almost felt guilty about it.
He smelled like cinnamon, and tea, and tasted like heaven. His lips brushed against mines urging me to kiss back, so I did so, well tried to do so. Aaron's hands clung me to his body, as if I could escape anytime soon.

"I really like you" he breathed staring at me.

"You don't even know me..." I said under my breath, "then how about you'll let me know you better starting today? " He insisted " ok" I gave in hoping I would not regret that later.

Aaron's pov

"Do you want to go out or something?" Isa asked me changing Adaline, "No, I still feel a little sick" I lied, I wanted to know her in a familiar atmosphere, so she could feel more comfortable. " Thank God, I had no strength to go out" she said relieved, some might find it strange but I found authenticity, the best thing ever, "I love staying home" she spoke with her smile on her lips, the sexiest thing I had seen her with.

She brought Addy in the living room and started to play with her, while I tried to dissimulate watching the tv. After a while, Isa looked at me, "Can you pass me her binky? " she spoke quietly, paying attention to Addy, who was ready to nap.

I passed her the binky, Isa popped it in Addy's mouth, "It'll be only five minutes" she whispered smiling down at Adaline. Isa kept patting Addy's bottom in a rhythmic way while Adaline held Isa's necklace till she fell asleep. I hadn't realized I was staring at her, until Isa hit me in the forehead "Hey stop, staring" she scolded me.

I waited for her to put Adaline in her crib, when she came back Isa sat next to me to watch the tv. We kept silence for a while then I broke it "About what happened..." "Thanks" she interrupted me "... For not trying to soothe my pain". She started to play with one of Addy's toy, avoiding my gaze, in that moment I was sure of it: there was something, maybe even a lot that Isa was fighting against.

I took her hand in mines, causing her to look at me. She was smiling, her smile curved into a smile. "You're a good guy..." she admitted, " ... Which is why we can't be together" she finished.

"Why not?" I was confused, "I laughed when Mr. Meyer cut across my chest neither cried nor screamed in pain, laughed..." Isa emphasized. "That's the sign, mate, get your things and go away while you still can" my inner self said, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

The more she pushed me the more I wanted so I did the only reasonable thing to do: I kissed her. I kissed her hard and passionately, I kissed as that was the last time I would be kissing her.

Isa abruptly distanced herself from me, leaving my lips cold and unattended, "Sorry, I..." she excused herself going away.

Isa's pov

I had still to feel at peace with that situation, I was not exactly sure it was him I felt attracted or the mere idea of a romantic relationship, I had never dated, therefore I did not know whether someone was supposed to be sure on the person they were going to be dating...

I found it harder, harder than everything I had done in my life, but I wanted to give it a try.