Ch 46: My fate

Thanks for showing the sneak peek some love babes! Hope a lot of you saw it..

Also, do you guys enjoy these cute gifs? Let me know if I should keep posting them 😊

•••

Lara

Cold shivers ran throughout my entire body as I walked down those same steep stairs, the same narrow hallway. Brick walls, dust and coldness was all that surrounded the place. The dungeons.

After the previous night, after finding Xander there, a part of me felt like I was overreacting.. Like that place perhaps wasn't as dark, as mysterious and cold as I thought it was.. I told myself, it was just the adrenaline that made me feel like that..

But no. I wasn't overreacting. The place was large yet claustrophobic. It was dark and freezing cold. Like hundreds of souls that had gotten down there never made it up. And it could all be felt.. It was that darkness that Xander often held.. No words could exactly describe it. But it was bone shaking.

Xander had the witch in one of the cells.. He tried convincing me to take the witch upstairs, in one of the bright rooms, but I was curious. I was curious to know what it was that was going on down there.. I wanted to know what he did to her to make her talk. I didn't want a fake image of her being forced to smile and speak calmly. I wanted to see what it was that he did.. How he took whatever information it was out of her..

I also asked him to tell me himself. But he was certain that the witch could explain better. I'm sure she could. I just hated having to actually come face to face with an actual witch again. I was still not used to the world. I don't think I ever could get used..

But it was what it was.. If I was really part of that world, it was fate that brought me there. I was meant to find out what I was, and I was glad and grateful that I ended up the way I did. Xander was a man I was growing close to.. I trusted him. As unbelievably as it sounded. I knew he would never do anything to hurt me.

Just like how when we reached the cell, he told me to wait outside while he did what he did in the cell and then got out a minute or two later, so intently scanning me to see if I was alright.. I was. As good as I could be. I was just nervous to hear what the witch had to say.

"Lara," I watched him walk out of the cell, my name immediately escaping him in that questionable deep tone.. That soft soothing tone.. He reached me, pressing his hands on the sides of my face to make me look at him. I was no longer mad at him, but the whole atmosphere, the fact that we were down there.. It reminded me of the reason why it all happened. "Listen to me, whatever you hear in there, know that it does not change anything about you.. About us."

I nodded my head but that didn't seem to satisfy him. "Alright, darling?" I looked down knowing that in that moment he wanted my eyes on his, but still did it just to feel how he placed his finger underneath my chin. "Hey, you hear me?" He slightly lifted my head to have me look at him and searched my eyes with speed I could not follow.. "It won't."

"Yea. I know." I hated how quiet my voice was at that point.. But I knew I would hate it even more if I heard it echo confidently through those cold walls..

"Yea?"

"Mhm."

"Good." He mumbled, somewhat seeming lost in me for a second, running his thumb so gently over my lower lip. "Good, baby, I just want to hear you say it."

The breath that escaped me was slow and shaky.. I knew he could hear my heart hammering though. I was nervous. I was really nervous about all of it. I said it wouldn't, but I knew that it would change a thing or two the least.