Ch 23: Diamonds & Ashes

Lara

I could feel the cold wooden floor underneath my bare feet as I quietly walked inside my room. The other room I was just in was another guest room, but completely turned into a mess and covered with makeup and dresses and jewelry.. And I just walked out of there.

  It had been a week since the preparations for the celebration started and it was finally that night.. The one that everyone had been getting ready for the whole week.

I felt like, beside everything I had on myself, my body never felt lighter.. My skin was so soft, glowing from everything they put on me, and either it was me that smelled like spring or every single spot in the house I passed..

  It wouldn't surprise me. Every single person that worked for Xander was one hundred percent dedicated to this day. Including him. Mostly he ordered everyone around, but he was still unbelievably busy.

He did check up on me every day, but that was quick and nothing really developed from the last time we had a moment..

  Lily interrupted that by knocking on the door and looking for me because of the designers that came to take my measures. And I was completely satisfied with the effect on him, and I couldn't be more glad that we stopped there..

So, I remember glancing at him over my shoulder after he said that I was free to go, fixing my strap and flashing him a quick smile when I left his office.. We didn't get the time to talk everything through after that, but I was glad I left everything the way I did.

But throughout the week, I was basically the only one in the house that was relaxing and rolling around in bed. I got as much beauty sleep as possible, and even though the sleeping schedules were changed again, due to the fact that not every vampire could wander around during the day, I was still fine with it.. Sleeping was never a problem. It was a hobby.

So, tonight I was taken care of just like every other thing in the house.. Glammed till perfection. I couldn't feel the makeup on my face though, and I had no idea what they used on me, but I never felt fresher.

  I didn't get the chance to look myself in the mirror, but they told me to go to my room and that Lily would come and fix up the last details that needed to be done on me.

Slowly, I walked in, completely rested and feeling like a bored little rich girl that did nothing for herself.. I was not used to it. I could see my hair, slightly curled and never softer, but I was told not to touch it, so I only felt the waves bounce as I walked.

  I had a silky rosegold robe, which was the softest thing ever, and apparently I was told that the dress was the same color, but I only had gotten a quick glance of it when they put it on me.

The lingerie I was wearing was basically the only thing I knew how it looked.. Well, actually I was only wearing panties, cause in line with the dress, I didn't need a bra so it wouldn't show.. As well as the rest of my 'theme' for the night, the panties were the lightest pink color, lacy and really small and tight..

  But I was getting used to the whole fancy lingerie, and the ones that picked out the clothes for me, including the bra and panties, they thought of me as the pet I was supposed to be.

They assumed that I was Petrovic's whore and they did everything to make me as perfect and as seducing as possible.. It was provocative in a way, but I was glad that that term only stood for my lingerie, and not my dress 'cause it was pretty decent.

Now, I stopped in front of the mirror, and firstly I was just glued to my spot and stunned by the work they did. I stared at myself in awe for a few seconds.