Ch 18: A sinful connection?

Lara

My thoughts slowly came to some order. My senses coming back to life as I felt myself slowly waking up. A familiar smell of a sharp minty cologne filled my nostrils before my body felt like it was sinking into something soft.. Silky..

Blinking my eyes open, the room around me started clearing out. Black silk sheets underneath me made me realize that I wasn't in my bed. Not in my room...

Lifting myself up slightly, I looked around. A large space, clean white walls and dark floors. The only two colors dominating the room. I couldn't take in much, I just firstly focused a large painting set on the wall near the door, somewhat across the bed. A women's white portrait on a black canvas.. She was painted like leaning on her palm with a bored expression on her face, yet large eyes that seemed to look at me. I frowned.. Where the hell was I?

The bathroom seemed connected with the room, the bed was round and way to big yet perfectly fitting in the large space, and a scent of a fresh cologne that took my attention. I heard footsteps coming from the opened door on the side, before I realized that it was actually Petrovic that walked out. The muscles on his stomach slightly exposed before he completely put his shirt on, pulling it down.

He looked at me, stopping as he realized I was awake. His dark hair was messy on his head, silky and touchable.. His eyes as always large and intimidating, somewhat taking in my whole figure. And his shirt was as always tight around his shoulders and arms, continuing with a pair of sweatpants. I took in the sight for a few seconds before my mind started processing slowly.. I was in his room.

Last night.. Last night I was with him. In the pool. He wanted to see me.. I listened. Images flashed in my head one by one. I was so close to him. And kissed him.. Like flashes of a camera, the memories from last nigh flashed in my head.. Quickly, bringing so much, it made me confused.. A rapid rhythm of my heart started, making my breaths heavier in my chest. Panic taking over me.. And then it came to me. He bit me.

I looked up at him as I instantly placed my hand over my neck. But there was nothing there.

  "Good morning, princess."

I heard myself taking in a few deep breaths as I closed my eyes in frustration for a second. How stupid was I? Of course he didn't care, he was a vampire. And Iw as only his toy. Whatever came over me last night seemed to banish away till the morning.

  "What happened?" I asked clearly, watching him take a few steps towards the bed.

"You were tired. You passed out." He said casually, slightly rising his eyebrows as he sat on the side of the bed.

I continued almost immediately. "You bit me." The anger in my voice noticeable, but the smirk on his face kept that plainness he always seemed to hold. Coldness.

"You're fine now.."

  I felt myself clenching my jaw. That didn't matter.. I mean, yes, for some reason the bite didn't hurt, it felt different.. But what if it did? Did he even know that? He was way too intimidating and way more serious with these stuff than Nathaniel was. It could've been a striking pain and he didn't even care.

However, there was just way too many unfinished things going through my head. I frowned as I realized that I was wearing nothing but one of his shirt. Firstly, way to big for me, and secondly,