Ch 56: Underneath the table

Xander

  The night had fallen seemingly slower than usual. But it was there. It was time. Perhaps it was just the unsettling need, the urging will to see her, to finally take her hand and get her out of the house that caused time to tick so slowly..

  Two weeks had passed since the incident with the knife.. I had witches on my side now and the house was now secured, magic free.. I made sure that no witch behind my door, under my roof could ever hurt Lara, or have the ability to do so from outside, because as long as Lara was in the house, she was safe from magic..

  However, I refused to think I would have to keep her as my prisoner forever. I didn't want that for her. I couldn't do that to her.. No matter how many enemies I had, how much those thoughts in my head that started terrifying me whenever they were connected with Lara.

  She could go out of the house and in the town as long as she was with me.. No job was more important than her. I could always accompany her and that's what I did.

  For the two weeks, we didn't discuss the chances of who it might be that did that to her.. She didn't even admit that she was basically damn possessed, and I didn't want to push her to talk.

  I could still see the terror and fear behind those eyes when she snapped out of it.. When she realized she was holding a knife in her hand.. I simply didn't want to remind her of that moment and did my best to keep her thoughts off of it.

  Lara seemed very much back to normal thankfully.. Her bold attitude was always there, but now it was thankfully more cheerful, almost as if both of us had relaxed finally after all the things that happened.

  She started becoming aware of every look I sent her, every time my eyes were on her, and she made the best of it. My girl was a tease in every way, and she was damn aware of it. I could not believe how I was managing to hold onto my resistance when she looked the way she did, when she oh so accidentally did little things that dared me beyond belief..

  It was really no doubt that she wanted me to quit that game.. I was desperate to give up that control as well, desperate to take her right there whenever she bounced her perfect ass in some skirt around my office, or how she went to bed in some small pair of panties and a simple shirt over it.. She was provoking me beyond belief.. Each day, making me lose my mind more..

  But I wanted to make sure the timing was perfect. I wanted her more than I wanted anything in my life and she was damn mine to have whenever I pleased.. However, I wanted my princess desperate first, I wanted her to be ready to the point of begging, just like she did that day in the library..

  It was high time to put everything that happened behind us and make the best of it. I promised to make that night memorable for her. I had organized some things that I knew she would find interesting, and of course consulted Liliana because she was the one that was supposed to get Lara ready..

So there I was, walking down the hallways towards Lara's old room. It almost became her little secret hiding spot whenever she was upset with me or whenever I wasn't supposed to see her, even though it was no secret, and yes, I knew wherever she was every second of the day, so it was worthless..

  Still, at such situations, Liliana insisted on me giving them time because apparently it was more interesting if I didn't see Lara till the moment of leaving.. I still knew damn well that she needed no 'getting ready' to look good..

  To call her perfect wouldn't even closely describe what she was like in not only my eyes, but everyone that got a simple glimpse of her. Lara was a beauty in every damn way, and it was agony to have to keep my hands off all that perfection just because of some promise I made to myself for so fucking long..