Chapter 24 - What's past is past

Thank you, h3artbr3aker, for the amazing cover at the side!

Chapter 24 – What’s past is past

     This is so awkward. Like really… to the max. I take it back when I said I wish he hadn’t left. Now, I wish he did. Why did he come back? It was alright when he helped me with my wounded leg, at least then, he had something to do and we didn’t have to say anything. But now, it’s completely different. All I could do is stare at him awkwardly.

     He closed the door behind him and my heart started racing and thumping really loudly. I was trying my best to slow down the beating of my heart. Take deep breaths, Dawn. Take deep breaths.

     Suddenly, something flashed. He had took out a dagger, my dagger, and walked towards me expressionless.  He was holding it in one hand.

     What was he doing-? Suddenly, everything clicked. I knew.

     Stupid girl! Why do I even think he’ll actually go through all this trouble to save me? Of course there’s a reason behind it. He wouldn’t kill vampires, his own kind, just to save me. He planned this. He would save me from the vampires, knowing that it’s impossible for me to kill them all by myself, and that, is how he earned my trust. He needed my guard to be down.

     So when I trust him enough for him to carry me back home and go to my house, he’ll act like the good guy. He’ll help me wrapped up my wounded leg with a bandage, and then he’ll leave the room.

     That is the time where he’ll take my dagger, since it was in his hands when he killed the last vampire just now, and come back to my room again. He doesn’t even have to worry about Aunt Sarah or Stephen. They’re not here.

     The last part, I bet he have been waiting patiently for – was to kill me. Such a perfect plan for a perfect success, and I; the victim, had fell for it.

     Doesn’t matter. I won’t give up without a fight.

     “So you have finally shown your true colors,” I snarled, putting myself into a defending position. Ash acted dumb.

      “Huh?” Confusion written on his face, but that was all just an act, I knew it.

     “Just stop playing dumb! Try and kill me now. I’ll fight.” I told him, even though it’ll be hard to fight because of my leg, but still, I won’t let him kill me so easily. I felt… tricked. I knew it was all just a lie, but still my heart was throbbing painfully. He did a great job tricking me and playing me with my feelings. All these while I knew he was lying and just pretending that he loves me, so why does it still hurts inside?

     “You’re so-” He began but I cut him off.

     “Stupid. I know. I knew you save me so I could trust you. And when I did, you lured me into your trap. But that doesn’t mean that you win. Yes, my leg is wounded, but don’t think I can’t fight, because I can. I-”

     “Yes, you’re so completely stupid. But not for that reason,” He said dryly. Looks like the Ash I thought he was – wasn’t real. It was a disguise for him to trick me. Now, I should bid goodbye to the warm, sweet and vibrant him and say hello to the real devil inside.

     I told you, heart. I told you countless times not to fall in love with him. And since now you didn’t listen to me – you’re hurt and there’s nothing we could do about it. It’s too late.

     I tried keeping my face expressionless, but then I realize that it doesn’t work. I was trying to keep all of my emotions in, but then I knew that there was still a slight bit of hurt and dejection in my eyes. I couldn’t help it. I was just so disappointed that he turned out this way. Everything I knew about him was a lie.