Chapter 11 - Way too close

Thank you xoxo_desjayyess for you amazing covers!

Chapter 11 – Way too close

     “Can you stop smiling? It’s creepy.”

     Can I stop smiling? Answer is, no. How can I not be smiling when I’m packing my bags and leaving soon? I can’t necessarily say that I was in hell these past few days, because I wasn't. Well, it definitely wasn’t heaven either but I guess the stay wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

     I actually have secret plans of sneaking out, but yeah, guess it didn’t work out.

     I gave Ash a bigger smile than before to annoy him. He just rolled his eyes and continued packing my stuff.  

     The door made a creaking noise as both of our heads turn towards the door, looking at the doctor walking in with a small smile on his face. “So, you’ll be leaving and I just wanted to tell you that you’re not fully recovered yet, so I have given your Aunt medicines for you to take. Also, I consult a cream for you to heal your bruises.”

     I pouted in unattractive way. I still have to take the medicine and apply cream? I mean, I would have avoided it or hid it so Aunt Sarah wouldn’t know I still had to take it, but he gave it to the devil herself? No way can I do anything about it now.

     “Your bruises are healing fine, and since you can walk now, I’m sure it’s healing really well, but try to avoid from walking too much, it may damage the bruises and also, watch your back.” He pointed at my back, and I nodded, at least its good news that I’m healing well, hopefully, healing fast too.

     “Again, take care.” The doctor told me, and gave me a small wave, but before he could leave, Ash nudged me, I gave him a suspicious look and his eyes told me to obey his orders.

     I sighed and mumbled to the doctor, “Thank you.” Ash cleared his voice, and I said louder this time, “Thanks, doctor.” The doctor gave me a warm smile and bid goodbye. Since when do I listen to Ash’s orders anyway?

     I gave him a glare and saw his lopsided grin. I always hated that grin. It’s like he won something or has the upper hand, it’s so annoying. When he was about to say something, probably a tease, I hurry added, “Don’t say anything.” He then closed his mouth and gave me a bright smile and continued packing.

     Finally I could go back home, my home sweet home. Never love it so much until today, after we’re almost done packing, I still feel like we’re missing something. Or at least, I’m missing something. Oh, I feel like I haven’t done something yet, something quite important I presume?

     Maybe I’m forgetting a really important thing. What had I left? I got my clothes, my toothbrush… That must be the only things I brought right? Everything else I forgotten couldn’t be that important. Oh what am I missing?

     My mind snapped at me, a thank you I suppose?  I bit my lip and thought for a moment. I did say thank you to the doctor, who else should I say thank you to? The nurse..?

     Ash?

     Oh right, Ash.

     I would but a part of me is too stubborn to do just that, I don’t normally say thank you to people, it’s too nice and disgusting, well, except for Aunt Sarah. She usually forces me to say thank you to her for everything she does for me, like small little ones. She has her ways every single time, and I did thank her when I saw her just now, but Ash? That’s a guy I just met, I'm not comfortable with that.

     Yet, the other part of me fought back and answered, ‘it’s not like you need to pour out all of your feelings’. Plus, maybe I agree, I mean, he did a lot for me, and these past few days, I didn’t even say a simple thank you to him.