Chapter 5 - I just want to be left alone

     I could hear the voices and words but none of them were entering my brain. I have my own thoughts. Why is he so... different? When I was about to reach it, something pushed me away.

     What if he found out who I truly am? A vampire hunter?

     Great, what am I thinking? He's just an ordinary boy, he wouldn’t find out. I’m not that clumsy and I wouldn’t show my true identity. I'm never clumsy or careless. Well, rarely. I'm the opposite of it. So why should I worry? Why do I have a sick feeling in my stomach if he finds out who I am when I know he wouldn't?

      After torturous hours, finally, there was only a few minutes left before I could be free.

     "Now, remember to work on your chemistry project, you have to hand it in next week!" When everybody grunted and nodded, the teacher dismissed the class. Everybody's sad and tired face instantly brightened up as they ran out off the class room, banging some off the chairs and tables on the way out.

     The first word I could think of is, immature, but oh well, who am I to judge? Ash and I was the last person to walk out off the classroom. He was calling me but I ignored him until we were outside the school, walking back home.

     "Dawn, can you just listen to me?"

     I looked at him angrily and said, "Should I? Because everything inside me said I shouldn't." I was angry, I didn't know why. I just instantly got so fed up of everything; I was taking it all out and throwing it directly at him.

     I took each step bigger than before as he tried to catch up with me, but I know that he was keeping a safe distance from me. "I'm sorry; I just want to get to know you better," he reasoned.

     "Oh really? How's that working out for you?" I arched one eyebrow and stared at him coldly.

     "Not so great. I'm really sorry, I thought-"

     "What? You thought that I could be friends with you? Thought that I was nice, good and sweet, all around beautiful kind of person? Well, you thought wrong. I'm nothing like it," I said harshly.

     "Yes you are. You just don't see it," he replied in a calm tone.

     "Don't give me that stupid talk. I'm nothing like you think, I am-" I sighed. "Just stay away from me," I told him and went into my house. He was like my mother. Kind, gentle, sweet and caring. They were so alike, he reminded me of my mother, and that wasn’t a good thing.

     When I saw Aunt Sarah, I wanted to run away and hide myself so she wouldn't shoot me a thousand of questions about how it went with Aunt Charlotte and Ash. That wouldn't be a chance though, if she wants answers, she's getting it. "Wait, I won't ask you questions." She said, stopping me.

     "Seriously?" I asked with a sense of hope in my voice.

     She smirked, "I won't because I already know."

     I furrowed my eyebrows and asked perplexedly, "What do you mean?"

     "Our neighbor, Charlotte told me." I rolled my eyes, figures. "I think it's great that both of you are friends! You never had a friend before and that's a really good start!" She smiled at me like she had accomplished something. "Charlotte said that both of you are starting to know each other and who knows? Both of you might be-" She wiggled her eyebrows.

      I instantly knew what she was talking about.

     Ash? My boyfriend? Luckily I was standing next to the sofa, there were pillows there. I took one and threw it at her. She blocked the pillow, "Hey! What was that for?"

     "Aunt Sarah! We're not even friends! And may I add, he's never, ever, going to be my friend, or should I say, that b word." I gritted my teeth. Aunt Sarah can be so annoying sometimes.

     "What? Boyfriend? Oh come on, I'm not rushing you into this or anything, but Charlotte said that both of you are perfect for each other. I met him, and I got to say, he's really nice, and I agree with Charlotte, both of you look good together," Aunt Sarah said and beamed at me.

       I can't even believe her. Is she serious? They were talking about Ash and I? They were like high school girls. Words could not describe how I feel right now. I think I'm going to die of embarrassment.   

     "Aunt Sarah!" I cried out. "I'm not having this talk with you! This whole thing is stupid, he's not my friend, and he's certainly not going to be my boyfriend. What are both of you thinking? This discussion is over!" I went to my room and slam the door before Aunt Sarah had a chance to talk again.

     Sometimes I wonder what is going on in my Aunt's head! I barely even know him, not like I even care to get to know him. We only know each other for like, what, two days? And they were already thinking about that?

     My thoughts soon leave me as I doze off.

                                                       ~*~*~*~*~*

     I could hear birds chirping outside my window, I checked the time. Still too early, but when I wanted to go back to sleep, I couldn't. When I stood up, I felt dizzy. At least I cut my night mares short. After bathing and putting on my clothes, I went downstairs, hoping Aunt Sarah wouldn't bring out yesterday's topic.

     I sat down and ate my food silently. Aunt Sarah came and smiled at me apologetically. "You know, I'm really sorry about yesterday, about the whole boyfriend thing, but I just think that you need someone. You have me, but-"

     "Hey, you have me too." Stephen said, smiling. I smiled back at his sweetness. He could be really nice and caring.

     "Yes, you have Stephen and I, but I don't think that's enough, you need someone, like a friend, I don't want you to be alone your whole life while the only company you have is a dozen of cats. I didn't ask him to be your boyfriend, but at least he could be your friend right?"

     "I know, okay? Stop worrying about me. I'll be fine." I said reassuringly.

     If I was a normal teenager, I would want friends. Sadly and unfortunately, I'm not. I'm a vampire hunter. Plus, I just didn't want to share my feelings to someone else. Yes, I may feel alone sometimes, but I'm used to it. I like to convince myself that it was for the best. I would like to live a normal life like everybody, but I couldn’t. My past won’t let me. I'm a vampire hunter – nothing's ever going to change that.

     "You sure?" Aunt Sarah still looked at me indecisively.

     "Yes,” I repeated, “but by the way, I should really go now."

     After I said my goodbyes, I walked to Ash's house, and that's when I saw him standing there with his eyes on me, and honestly, it's like we never even met before.

Author's notes: You know what I'm going to say – Vote and comment! :)