Epilogue

AHHHHHHHHHH EPILOGUE! :)

     I was lying on the grass on an open field. There were sea of flowers everywhere and the sky had an indigo and orange color. The sun reflected the morning dew on the grass and it looked like sparkly diamonds shining brightly. The wind had a relaxing sound as it blew soothingly and the field of long flowers and grass looked like waves.  

     It was a beautiful and breath-taking sight. I didn’t know how I got here, but I didn’t mind being here at all.

     I sat up and looked around. I saw a large looking tree at a distance, and then a figure appeared. She didn’t look like someone I know, but when she got closer, my heart stopped. My body stiffened.

     “Mo- mom?” I called out dubiously. It couldn’t be. She couldn’t be here. I hastily got up and took small steps towards her. “Is it you?” I asked again.  

     There was a bright glow around her and she looked like an angel. She was wearing white and the wind was blowing lightly on her hair. She was smiling at me lovingly.

     When we were finally face to face, and I could see her delicate features, I closed my eyes and waited for the blow. Just like it did every time.

     The wind would blow roughly and the sun won’t be shining anymore. The once beautiful sky would turn dark and grey. The grass and flowers would wilt and turn all black. Then, the tornado will come and take her away from me. My hand will reach out to nothingness. The once beautiful feeling of meeting her will turn hollow and empty. I will open my eyes and she wouldn’t be there anymore. Everything will be gone and I will always be alone.

     I was waiting for it, but after for a while, I still felt the sun shining down on me. I still felt the fresh flowers and grass caressing my feet. When my hand reached out, I felt two soft hands holding onto mine. I immediately open my eyes.

     She’s still here. She’s not gone. This time she didn’t vanish, she was there, holding onto me like she did eleven years ago.

     “Mom,” I whispered, and looked up to her endless loving eyes. She gave me a smile in return, and I couldn’t even believe what was happening in front of me. It was too good to be true.

     I embraced her and held her tightly, not wanting her to go anywhere. I’ve wanted to say so many things to her but didn’t have a chance to. There was always something that will take her away from me before I could even speak up.

     “Mom, I- I miss you so much,” Tears were effortlessly streaming down my cheeks as I spoke the words I wanted to say all this time but didn’t have the chance to, “I lo- love you.”

     My mother hugged me back tightly while stroking my hair.

     “But you don’t need me anymore, sweetie.” She said. “You’re so strong by your own. You have grown to be such a beautiful girl. I have the bravest daughter in the world, do you know that?” I cried tears of joy and happiness. When was the last time I heard her soothing voice?

     My mother pinched my cheeks and I laughed. “I’m sorry, mom. I was so stupid to even leave your side. If I hadn’t-”

     “That doesn’t matter now,” my mother mentioned, “I’m in peace now, because you are too. I’m so happy for you. You need to let go and move on from here now. No regrets anymore, alright?” My mother used her thumb to wipe the tears away, and I nodded furiously.

     “I love you mommy,” I told her and hugged her tightly once more.

     I was savoring the moment before my mother spoke, “I love you – always remember that. But you have to go now.” I didn’t want to let go. I wanted her to stay with me forever, but even so, I knew it’s impossible to. She was happy and safe here, and I wanted that. So, I let go of her as she planted a kiss on my forehead.