Chapter 40

JESS'S POV

'Hurry up he's here!' Dad shouted from the living room. I took one last look at myself in the mirror (Jess's outfit http://www.flickr.com/photos/74520955@N02/7283383296/in/photostream) before putting some things in my clutch and heading to the kitchen. Today was my year 11 formal, it has been over a year since I met Jai and our anniversary was a few weeks ago, Jai and I spent the night on the beach.

But back to today, I'm so excited to be attending the Penola Year 11 Formal. I spoke to my doctor and he said that I didn't have to wear my back brace, I was so excited, but I haven't told Jai yet so he's about to find out. I walked into the kitchen to see Jai chatting to dad; he looked so handsome. He was wearing black pants, a white shirt and a black vest, along with a slim black tie. 'Hello handsome,' I said to Jai, he turned around and smiled. 'Oh my god!' Jai screamed, obviously noticing that I didn't have my back brace on. 'Jess!'He said giving me a hug, 'you look absolutely beautiful.' I blushed a little; I looked across the kitchen to dad smiling. 'You look gorgeous darling,' Dad said continuing to smile, but a serious look suddenly crossed his face. 'I want you home by 11:30 and no drinks,' Dad said, Jai and I nodded before heading to the door. We walked out to Jai's car (Yes he worked hard to get his P's over the year) he ran to the door and opened it before I got a chance to. 'Thanks,' I smiled before giving him a kiss.

'Where's the back brace?' Jai asked as he pulled out onto the street. I smiled at the thought of not having to wear it, I truly felt beautiful tonight. 'The doctor told me that it would okay just for tonight,' I said with a smile. Jai nodded. When we arrived Jai raced to my door and opened it, he smiled and offered his am. We linked arms and walked inside.

'You look so beautiful tonight,' Jai said looking into my eyes when we were stopped at a set of lights. I blushed a deep shade of crimson, Jai couldn't help but chuckle.

The formal was so much fun, it was getting towards the end of the night, Jai and I were sitting a table when the band made an announcement, 'we have a playlist requested, so grab your partner and jump on the dance floor,' the lead singer announced. Jai looked at me with hopeful eyes, 'maybe in a few songs, I'm so tired.' Jai frowned and the band started playing, it was Together With the Sundown. I love this song, I stood up and grabbed Jai's hand, we had to dance. I have a playlist of 8 songs that are just like my all time favourite love songs. I haven't showed it to anyone, cas it's kind of embarrassing. We got onto the dance floor and a wrapped my arms around Jai's neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist and we danced. When the song finished I thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if the next song was More Than This, because that was next on my playlist. Then More Than This came on, what a coincidence I thought to myself and I continued to dance with Jai. After that finished Ed Sheeran's Lego House came on, I looked at Jai, shocked. Surely this wasn't just a coincidence. I stopped and looked at Jai, who was smiling and enjoying the song. He stopped when he saw me frowning. 'What's up Jess?' He asked looking into my eyes.

'These songs, I have them on a playlist,' I said, Jai nodded and smiled.

'I know,' he said.

'How did you find it?' I asked a little confused.

'I found it on your Tumblr,' he said, I gasped.

'You saw that?' I asked as we continued to dance. He nodded, I buried my head into his chest to hide my blushing, that's so embarrassing! I felt the redness leaving my cheeks so I looked up at Jai, 'thank you,' I said before kissing him passionately.

Jai and I danced to my favourite songs, it was amazing. It felt like we were the only ones in the room. 'I love you,' Jai sighed as we continued to dance, 'I love you more,' I replied with a smile.

So guys that's the end :)

Hope you all enjoyed reading my FanFic! I'm already under way on a brand new One Direction FanFic so check it out :) http://www.wattpad.com/story/1423172-what-are-we-payne

xx Jess