Chapter 9

Like what you're reading? Let me know..... and check out my tumblr l-0-s-e-control.tumblr.com

_____________________________________________________________________________JESS'S POV

I woke up to the smell of Pasta bolognese, it smelt so good. I sat up straight and stretched a little and walked into the kitchen, Jai and Luke were sitting at the table, their plates full of pasta.  Jai smiled, 'morning sleeping beauty' he joked.

'What time is it?' I asked.

'2:26' Luke replied, ' hope you're hungry' Luke said pointing at a plate full of pasta. 'I’m starving' I grinned, 'it had better be good!' I took a seat and started eating. 'This is delicious!' I said between mouthfuls.

After we had finished we sat at the table chatting. Jai cleared the plates, while Luke and I stayed sitting down. 'Uugh I have maths homework to do', Luke groaned. 'So do I' Jai said rolling his eyes. 'Why don't we sit down and do it together? You'll feel better after you get it done.' the boys nodded and walked to their room. They returned with their books and they spread them out over the table. 'I've got so many missed calls; I think I’d better catch-up on them.' I announced picking up my phone, Luke and Jai exchanged a glance, I didn't really think anything of it though. I walked into their living room and opened my phone and looked at all of the names; I wasn't going to speak to everyone, just the ones I think I can trust. So that rules out mum and dad, my coach and my step dad. I saw Louis' name a few times, I thought it would only be fair to give him a call.  I dialled his number and let it ring, he picked up almost automatically. 'Hey Louis, I’m sorry for not calling earlier’

'Yeah I got really worried, Hannah told me you stormed out of class on Monday.'

'What the fuck do you mean Hannah told you?' I raised my voice, furious at him. 'How could you still be talking to that slut after what she did to me?' I screamed this time. Jai and Luke walked into the room.

'Jess you can't expect me to leave because...' I cut him off.

'You’re right Louis; I couldn't expect you to do that for me. Because you’re a selfish, obnoxious prick who cares for no one but yourself. As long as you have anything to do with that two faced whore I dont want anything to do with you! ' Tears slowly escaped my eyes and I angrily hung up the phone. I turned around to see Jai and Luke starring, 'I’m fine, that was nothing.' I quickly replied, I didn't want to talk about it yet. 'Seriously finish your homework' I said shooing them back to the table. I took a deep breath and composed myself, I picked up my phone again, but this time I dialled Amy's number. 'Hi Amy' I smiled I was so happy to talk to her.

'Hey Jess, are you going well?'

'Yeah I’m doing really well I’m staying in Glen Roy with friends. They're looking after me and I’m feeling better, I'll be home by the end of the week, I promise Amy. I miss you heaps, anyway how is everything?'

'Um well everyone is really worried, I mean it's been two days Jess!'

'Well there is no reason for anyone to worry I’m fine and I'll be home soon.'

'That’s what I’m telling everyone,  I got a call from Louis today.'

'Please dont mention Louis! I spoke to him already,'

'Oh, sorry Jess. I've got to get ready for ballet, but thanks so much for calling me!'

'Thanks for being there for me Amy.' I replied and hung up the phone and walked back in go join Luke and Jai.  'Need any help?' I asked.

'I dont think you'd understand it Jess, were doing VCE units 1 & 2.' Jai replied.

'I know, I happen to be doing units 1 & 2 too' Jai and Luke looked at me with a confused expression. 'But you're in year 10?'

'Yeah, but I’m doing an advanced course. So my offer still stands, would you like some help?'

'Yes!' Luke said, I sat next to him and we started working. After another 45 minutes we had finished, Luke and Jai sighed with relief at the realisation they were finished.

They went back to their room to pit away their books, Jai came and joined me on the couch. I sat down and hugged Jai, I sat next to him and smiled. But Jai wasn’t smiling, He looked around, I could see he was concentrating on something, I left him to think about it. Luke walked into the room holding a piece of paper. ‘I knew I recognised you from somewhere!’ Luke shouted, I cringed. I had been caught out, the one thing I had been trying to hide, had finally caught me. ‘You’ve sent us a letter or two, you made us those Handstanding fan videos.’ Luke showed Jai the letter and they nodded. Luke continued, ‘That explains why you were so strong at the gym, you’re a gymnast!’ I tried to hold in the tears, but I burst out. This was the moment I was dreading, I just wasn’t planning to confront it so soon. They had caught me completely off guard.