Chapter 3

Thanks again for reading :) hope you are enjoying it, I'm having a good time writing it, comment what you think and anything you would like to see in it :) _____________________________________________________________________________

JESS’S POV

Straight after getting off the bus I ran straight across the road to the train station, I jumped on the first train to the city, I was scared and alone but I wasn’t turning back now I needed time to myself, to escape what was making me feel the need to cut the thoughts away, because that’s what I felt was necessary. On the ride to the city all I could think about was what the girls at school must think of me, I really don’t think I’ll ever be able to show my face again! My phone rang quite a few times, but I didn’t feel ready to talk to anyone.

I got off at Flinders Street, my mum works in the city, so it might not be safe to hang around here, so I chose a random platform and got on the train. Then I chose a random number and that was how many stops I would wait to get off. I ended up getting off at Glen Roy, ha I thought to myself The Janoskians live here! I had never been to Glen Roy before; I just walked around until I found a park. I just sat on a bench. Looking like a complete mess! My tearstained cheeks were red and I knew that my eyes would be hideously bloodshot. I just sat there I looked at my phone. It was 1:46pm, just as I put my phone back in my bag it buzzed ‘in west Philadelphia born and raised’ I giggled at my ringtone before answering the phone, it was Amy. ‘Thank god! You finally answered me! How are you?’ She questioned me.

‘Hey Amy, Yeah I’m doing alright, wait aren’t you in class?’

‘No I’m sitting on the oval with….’ I cut her off sharply

‘Who are you with?’ I screamed furious with her, ‘Why would you tell someone, Amy how could you do this to me! Why! I’m terrified of what everyone thinks of me, why would you tell more!’  My face burned red.  But the reply wasn’t from Amy it was from….. Oh God she was sitting with Ashleigh! She knows, the tears rolled down my face at a rapid rate. ‘Jess! Why?’ Ashleigh screamed at me, she was scared and hurt. ‘Ash, I wasn’t thinking, I was going to tell you to tonight, I honestly was it’s only been a month. I’ve been considering it since May; I thought I was strong enough to beat it Ash, I believed that I was stronger than this! I gave up a month ago; I was pushed over the edge! And I’m sorry I never wanted to hurt you!’ I screamed, there was someone at the end of the park, watching me, but at the moment I could care less at what anyone thought of me. The line was silent ‘Please answer me!’ I yelled the waterworks continued.

‘Jess a month is…’ she couldn’t continue

‘I know a month was…. But please don’t blame yourself or Amber!’ Amy picked up the phone

‘So what’s the plan Jess’ she said calmly

‘I’m not coming home yet, I’ll wait a little, ya know until things chill a little, I need to get my head straight’ I sighed and continued, ‘I don’t care what you tell my parents, just tell them not to worry, I’m fine and I’ll be home as soon as I’m ready for it. And please keep an eye and Ashleigh, don’t leave her on her own, and don’t let her tell anyone!’

‘Jess it’s so much to handle’

‘I know and I’m so sorry! I love you and I trust you. and I’m so so so so sorry that you’re stuck in this situation. And I’m sorry that I didn’t say something sooner, I trust you with my life, and I should’ve opened up sooner. But I’ve got to go!

I hung up the phone and put it in my bag. I picked it up and threw it over my shoulder and walk towards the stranger he was coming closer.

‘Hi’ I said really shyly. ‘Where are the nearest shops?’ I looked up and I saw him, I had run into Jai Brooks. I looked like a mess and I felt like death, his brown eyes looked straight back at me and I suddenly forgot everything.