Chapter 26

A.C.

After screaming my lungs off for a good five minutes, I shut the window closed with venom.

Huffing, I clear my now dry and sore throat and begin scribbling notes like a madwoman.

How dare he!

Now that I've rejected his feelings, he's going to subject me to intense errand girl demands?

Chuckling with hysteria, I shake my head out of bewilderment. This is Edward Bradford's true form all right, and he can go to hell with his nice looking pretentious face!

Grunting, I exhale a breath of frustration before calling Human Resources in the IT department. If I'm going to win this war, then I'm going to have to think straight and be methodical; he wants me to be in charge of the representatives meeting?

Fine. It's what I'm good at, after all.

"Marge, here," the voice on the other end greeted dryly.

"Hi, Marge, this is Aubrey Clement, would you be able to send me an email of everyone attending the meeting in three days?"

"All two hundred of them?"

TWO HUNDRED?

This isn't a meeting at all! This is a conference!

"Yes, please," I asked shakily, my nerves frenzied at the thought of two hundred members needing an individual report.

"Alright, I can have all the files emailed to you before lunch," she offered.

"That would be great, thank you."

Hanging up, I decide to collect information on past meetings; the food served, the theme and so on. Giving me enough insight to not only make this event slightly different, but improve any complaints received previously.

Jotting down a few ideas, I quickly call finance to approve the budget then begin going over Edward's pile of folders – I have to create a short yet, simple speech compiling all the essential materials together.

Damn you, Edward Bradford!

Grunting, I divide the massive pile of folders and decide to do the speech at home, when a knock on my door doesn't even make me stop writing till Jackson places an iced coffee on my desk.

"So, what's the verdict?" He asked cautiously.

"Oh I'm peachy, just peachy. I have to write a speech, do individual reports for everyone in the IT department and oversee all aspects of the representatives meeting." Grabbing the drink off my desk, I sip it with delight.

Whistling, Jackson shakes his head before shutting the door closed. "That bad, huh? What did you do to make him that villainous?"

"Why does everything immediately have to be a result of what I did?" I demanded thinly, pausing to give him an arched look.

"Well..."

"It's complicated, let's just say I made a mistake and now, Edward wants revenge."

"Ouch. If you need help, I can give you a hand."

"And have his wrath extended to you? No thanks, this is a little test to see if I'll break. I'm not about to give him the satisfaction, I'm going to do this on my own and have him apologise for his petty behaviour," I fumed, clutching the pen in my hand with a deathly grip.

"Damn, the two of you will turn this place upside down. Are you sure you don't need any help? I'm actually pretty free. The boss has himself cooped up in his office and doesn't want anyone to disturb him."