Monday 2

The only bad thing resulting from Lance's behavior at lunch was that he'd have to face Keith again at detention and hold his stupid hand for sixty minutes.

He didn't occupy his mind with that, though. He'd been feeling a type of power he hadn't felt since the ninth grade. None of the students who were present in the cafeteria ratted him out; nobody wanted to. And thankfully he hadn't seen Keith after what happened. He guessed he was too embarrassed to go to class.

He sat silently in the detention room that was absolutely empty for the first time.

What? Everybody's been a saint lately? He thought to himself.

He wished Mr. Coran came earlier so he could see that Keith was late. He was humming to himself five minutes later when the aforementioned boy stood at the door.

He wore the black shirt he usually had under his red cropped jacket, minus the jacket. Aside from that, he was still in his black leggings, long techno boots and the infamous leather gloves.

" How many times did you wash your jacket, Mullet? Did it keep shrinking 'til it disappeared?" Lance asked with a knowing smirk, leaning back on his chair a little too comfortably.

" You think you're funny?" Keith spat, chest raging forward in offense.

" Oh, I'm freaking hilarious. But I wouldn't get so angry if I were you. Shiro would be disappointed if he found out you started another fight."

The boy at the door crossed his arms, his gaze lingering on Lance for a few seconds; his usually familiar and annoying face felt like a stranger's today.

" C'mon, Mullet. Give me your hand, let's get this over with."

Lance spoke carelessly, with a tone of superiority. He did it on purpose and it was paying off because Keith's irritation was unmistakable when he almost broke the chair he threw himself on. He extended his glove covered hand and the other boy snatched the fabric off.

Before Keith knew it, his hand was bare and his leather glove was staring back at him from the other side of the room. Lance had thrown it, then immediately gripped the boy's hand with a force determined to not let go.

" WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" Keith yelled, going to stand up when Mr. Coran walked in, holding a few fashion magazines.

" Sorry I'm late! The principle needed me. I shall consider you boys were responsible enough to start?" The red head with the mustache asked, situating himself on the teacher's desk.

" Uh, yes. Ten minutes already." Lance fake smiled, his grip tightening against Keith's hand. The latter pulled and groaned to be freed from the deadly grip of the tanned jerk. Once again, Lance's superior body strength took him by surprise.

" We can restart the ten freaking minutes, Lance." He suggested through the pulling.

" No way!" Lance said as he struggled to keep him in his seat, " I want to get the least time with you possible."

Keith was used to emotionally detached words and insults. But somehow coming from Lance, the guy who'd been so nice to him earlier, it made him so bitter he became numb to the situation. He contemplated what the boy said.

" Fine... Whatever. I don't want this any more than you do." Keith groaned out, surrendering his glove for the time being.

Sweat. Their hands were lightly sweaty and raw against each other. Pulse against pulse, the only sound being their heavy breathing. The first few minutes had been silent but soon Lance broke into a humming session that annoyed Keith to no end.

He'd been humming the Pink Panther theme song and the boy in the black shirt bit his tongue to suppress curse words. His eye twitched in anger and his hand shook harder than ever. He tried shifting away, tried glaring at the tan boy to make him stop. But Lance's humming only grew louder, and he was swaying left and right now.

Even Mr. Coran was occasionally raising his eyebrow at the scene, peeking through his thick magazine.

But oh no, now Lance was full on singing.

" Para, para, paraparaparapara paraaaaaa-"

" SHUT UP!" Keith yelled, startling the two of them, before listening to the blue eyed boy purposely laugh aloud.

It's safe to say it wasn't a pleasant experience for Keith and that Lance truly intends to hold his promise of making him pay.

Author's note

Idk about you but I love to annoy people like Lance does.

* Chapter dedicated to DaNKvIBeS  for voting on every chapter today! I'm so happy you like the story. Stick around for more!

GUYS GUYS LOOK AT THE IMAGE ON THE SIDE/ AT THE TOP. I finally found a Klance version of this EPIC hand holding picture!

*************
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEITH KOGANE
APPARENTLY VOLTRON OFFICIAL POSTED THAT TODAY OCTOBER 23rd IS HIS BIRTHDAY!

Here's to our smol fluff of anger and cuteness.