36. Sleeping Meds Plus

Here you guys go! Hope you're having a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the Chapter! 

Btw, I've decided to try NaNoWriMo for the third time, but this time I'm gonna just update this, Orion,and Glasgow instead of working on just one book. I'll probably put the link to my NaNo profile page in here and on my Profile page in case any of you are doing it, and want to add me as a buddy or whatever. Also, I'd luuuuuv luv luv to follow some more of you guys on social media soooo you can drop your ig, tumbla, and sc names if you want to ♥ xox

~*~

Morgan arriving back home could only be described as a God send.

Carmen needed to be around the people she loved, to be around the ones who didn't constantly through her a curveball weighed down with drama. She loved her blood family, she wasn't saying she didn't, she just wanted to be around her other family.

She wasn't sure if Chance had told him what was going on, or if someone else had told him that she had been a little down the past few days, but when Morgan and Claire Seams burst through the front door that night, Carmen, who had been half-asleep on the couch, shot up with a gasp, not used to people bursting into her space without a call ahead of time unless it was Kira, and Carmen was sure her best friend was asleep by then. Her eyes were a little blurry, but she knew who the silhouette of the man holding his baby was immediately.

"Morgan!"

"He pretty lady," He chuckled, hugging Carmen back just as tightly as she was him, "Why's it so dark in here?"

"Because it's almost one o'clock in the morning?" Carmen responded voice muffled by his shoulder, not able to take the smile off her face as she looked at her grumpy niece, "Did your Daddy wake you up, Bear?" She cooed as she took the baby out of her father's grip. Claire blinked up at her before resting her head on Carmen's chest with a loud sigh. Poor baby, her life was so hard.

"You flew in tonight?" Carmen asked as she looked up at Morgan.

The back door closed as her seemingly nocturnal boyfriend came in from the back porch where he had been for a couple of hours, working on some new project. His voice was a little louder than usual, startling Claire even though his voice was playful as he demanded, "Why are your hands on my woman?"

Morgan chuckled as he stepped away from Carmen, meeting his younger brother at the halfway mark of the living room. Both of them clashed roughly, then the slapping sound of Morgan patting Chance's back filled the room, "Man I tell ya, she just jumped into my arms. I missed you, kid."

All Carmen could do was smile as she curled up on the couch with Claire, watching the brothers stand in their embrace before Morgan pressed his lips to Chance's forehead lovingly. After they pulled away, Chance sat down next to Carmen, and Morgan took up the single seater. Claire had scrambled out of Carmen's arms, her eyes on the far corner of the living room that was designated to her toys.

"Spend the night," Carmen proposed with a yawn as she looked over at Morgan.

He'd been gone a while, and in the time, his hair had grown out. Usually he kept it pretty low, but his curls were all over his head, some fell into his face, and he didn't even bother to push them away. Others curled around his ears, and the back of his shirt. His beard had grown in and it was strange seeing him with one, it made him look so much like Chancellor. Carmen could tell how tired he was, though, even with how bright and alert his eyes were. He was happy to be reunited with his daughter, and he was happy to see his brother and the woman he now counted as a sister, but he needed a bed stat.