49. I see dead people

"Good god almighty" Clinton groaned as he stood up and walked with a slight limp "why is the coffee pot all the way over here?" He reached the pot and poured some in his white coffee mug that has an image of a coffee pot and underneath it says 'pot head'

"Bring it over here then" Tony grunted from his seat.

"Nu-uh, I had to walk. You get your lazy ass up and walk" Clint muttered.

Tony narrowed his eyes at the assassin. Their encounter with the Winter Soldier didn't go well. The Avengers that went to fight him are sore, bruised and injured. The others that stayed put, that being the women -aside from Natasha- Thor, Bruce, Sam and Rhodey, are fine.

They stayed put by orders of Nick, he didn't want another city destruction so he sent as few as he could but as the Winter Soldier proved his strength, he had to send more.

"It hurts!" Tony moaned like a little kid. 

"Yeah, you guys sure got your asses beat" Peter shook his head.

Clint narrowed his eyes at the boy "shut up. Drink your cocoa"

"I'll drink it, but not because you told me" Peter muttered

"And what the hell kid? You were suppose to stay here! What were you doing out there?" Clint demanded. Peter stayed quiet as he drank his cocoa.

"You guys were looking after him. How did he get out?" Tony asked the ones who stayed back.

"We didn't know he was gone until we saw him on tv" Rhodey defended himself and the others.

"Gali was right. Kid listens to no one" Sam agreed with what Galilea said in the video.

"Hey" Steve called Peter "how did you learn to block a punch like that?"

Peter brought the mug up to his lips and his eyes darted around before muttering "Galilea"

Natasha walked over to the group with a tablet in hand "alright Peter, are there any more of your secret passwords you share with Gali?" She questioned the boy "or any secrets she shares with you guys. You never know what else she encrypted" she muttered.

They racked their brains for a moment. Come to think of it they all share some special moments with Galilea and they all have their little inside jokes, but they're not sure if she took any details of their friendship to be her security questions.

"Team, I brought reinforcements!" Nick loudly told the group as he joined the team. They jumped in surprise. They didn't even know he wasn't there. 

"What kind of reinforcements?" Bruce asked. Nick looked behind him and nodded. When the man stepped out everyone froze. All except Sam and Peter who have no idea who he man is.

He looks just the same with his suit and tie. He gave the team a small smile "Hello"

"I see dead people" Natasha said like the little boy from the Sixth Sense.

"No. You're dead. Y-you're- you're dead" Tony pointed a shaky finger and his voice became uneven "oh my god I'm seeing things, aren't I? I'm actually dreaming. Someone pinch me- Ow!" He rubbed his arm.

"You said to pinch you" Steve shrugged. 

"I'm sorry but I don't think I'm following what's happening here" Sam spoke up.

They explained to him who Agent Phil Coulson is and how he died, or thought he died. Soon him and Peter were up to speed and understood what was going on. Fury came clean and told them that Phil was alive all along but in a very delicate condition. They're not really sure if to be mad at Fury for lying to them about Phil or be grateful that he didn't put them through the strain and stress of wondering if Phil is going to pull through or not.