he wouldn't give up (x)

"So that was pretty much how I earned the job." Taehyung finished saying proudly as Jungkook smiled in front of him.

"Wow, you were closer to Seungcheol-ssi than I thought." Jungkook confessed, surprised. Both men were at EatJin after Jungkook invited the other to lunch.

"I'll be back." Taehyung spoke and went to go to the bathroom, leaving Jungkook at the table.

To make himself not look awkward, he texted Mingyu

                                                             Me
                                         hey mingyu :D

tall 97 boi
hey kookie, u followed wonu hyung's advice??

                                                              Me
...yea im at a cafe rn

tall 97 boi
with cough this taehyung of yours?

                                                                 Me
                            firStly, he is nOt 'mine'
                             and sEcondly, yes he's
                             just went somewhere

tall 97 boi
hmm... oki then wink wonk

                                                              Me
                                 wow, gyu. he's back
                                   ttyl :D
                                   READ

Jungkook smiled as Taehyung sat down on his chair.

There wasn't too many people in the cafe at that time, so the place was filled with jazz music and the sound of utensils, plates and the soft voices of the people around them.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung. The older was looking through the menu, just in case he wanted to order something else later (since they already ordered). Taehyung looked up to ask Jungkook if he wanted anything, but he only met Jungkook's soft, brown eyes.

"Jungkook-ssi?"

"Uhm- sorry. Yes?"

How could he say it?

"I-I'm sorry about, you know..."

Jungkook furrowed his brows. "Why are you apologising?" He asked, acting oblivious.

"I'm" breathe "I'm sorry for trying to flirt with you earlier in the week."

Jungkook smiled lightly. That's it? But really. What could he say about that? The latter had been confused when he talked with his hyungs and now it's been put into action.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was terrified. All that he thought of was being so scared of Jungkook's reaction. He had such a decent workplace relationship with him and he thought he could've wrecked it all because of the stupid thing called 'feelings'.

But he was Kim Taehyung. He wouldn't give up.

The younger sighed but still tried to smile. "It's all fine, really."

"Really?" Taehyung's lip quivered while saying that.

"Really," Jungkook laughed nervously, trying to break the elder's nervousness.
"It'll be good to just let it go."