i appreciate it (ix)

A day later back at the offices, Jungkook felt a little happy considering it was finally Wednesday. Which meant it he was halfway through a difficult week.

He always felt proud of himself for making it through the week, especially now.

But Jungkook was deciding to do what Wonwoo and Mingyu told him, take Taehyung for lunch to get to know him better but most importantly, make him happy.

Before Jungkook got to work, he decided to eat a fuller dinner the night before in an attempt to give him more energy. Thankfully, it worked.

The younger felt more happier and energetic, something that hasn't happened in a while.

Jungkook had noticed his change in attitude this morning. It scared him for a split second, but he knew it was needed. Having to ask a bubbly Taehyung if he'd want to go for lunch meant having confidence and making sure you sounded you actually wanted to go ahead with the plan.

He sat at his desk and started booking appointments for customers who needed them.

After finishing 1-3 emails, he glanced at the time, 10:10.

Just hold on until lunch.

———

Kim Taehyung rubbed his eyes and yawned. He was tired.

This calls for coffee, he thought to himself.

He got out of his chair, reached for his phone, walked to the elevator, got inside (where no one was in at the time), pressed the ground level button and got to his floor in no time.

Before Taehyung could walk out the elevator he saw a familiar face,

"Oh, Yoongi-ssi! Bit of a surprise." he said slightly startled. Yoongi put on a small smile. They started to walk near the room where Yoongi's desk is.

"Ah, sorry. But I was just going to see you," Yoongi continued, "If you don't mind, can we talk about the, uh, 'whatever you have' with Jungkook?" His voice lowering towards the end.

The hazel haired boy stopped abruptly near the doorway. His eyes widened at the sound of that. Taehyung's forehead started to sweat.
"Um, okay. Sure. But like, right now?"

"Well," Yoongi started to snicker, "looking at you now, what about at lunch time? In your office?"

Taehyung just got more flustered when the older reminded him of his current appearance. 

"Alright then. Lunch it is." He tried to smile, gratefully succeeding. Yoongi said goodbye and walked back to his office.

Taehyung then walked quickly to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. When he got to there, he saw Jungkook making coffee for himself.

But, what really caught the older's eyes was Jungkook's round glasses and his sleeves rolled up slightly.

"Hello Jungkook!" The hazel haired man managed to say brightly.

"Hi, Taehyung-ssi." The younger replied looking up from his coffee slightly, but looking down again when he realised his cheeks were going rather warm.

Taehyung couldn't help but notice the small gesture as he started to get coffee. The younger probably noticed it when he asked, "So, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. By the way," Jungkook looked at him, "I heard you couldn't make it to the dinner last night. It was a shame."

"Oh that? Yeah, sorry, I just had things planned before Jimin-hyung could ask me." The brown haired boy shrugged and went back to stirring his coffee, unconsciously.

His boss just smiled, "It's alright." He answered, taking off his mug from the coffee machine that was now filled with mocha.

Mocha, Taehyung laughed to himself.
"Are you okay?" the younger asked looking at him, confusingly.

"Ah, it's," he paused. It's you, Jeon Jungkook. "nothing. Don't worry." Taehyung started to walk off with his coffee. 

"Wait." Jungkook blurted out. Taehyung smirked and looked back at Jungkook who was looking down at his own mug.

"Seeing that I missed dinner with you and my hyungs, would you like to go to lunch together for a make up?" The younger asked.

Taehyung smiled, "Sure. I appreciate it." Then he walked out.

Jungkook breathed out as soon as Taehyung got in the elevator. He did it.

———

Taehyung on the other hand, couldn't be more happy. He finally gets to know Jeon Jungkook. That is, if he does talk.

As he reached his office, he opens his computer and sent an email to Yoongi.

To: yoongi_minD@bsha.com
Subject: none

Hello Yoongi-ssi,

Will it be okay if we postpone our talk after work today or at lunch time tomorrow? I got an unexpected happening at lunch today, can't be changed. :((

Just tell me when you're free :))

Yours sincerely,
Kim Taehyung

As he pressed 'send', he took a sip of his coffee and someone knocked on his door.

"Miss Park, isn't it?" He instantly said as a girl with long brown hair walked in slowly and bowed.

"Ah, just call me Chaeyoung. Is Taehyung-ssi alright?" She asked.

"Yes, of course. What is it?" Taehyung asked as she saw papers and her laptop in her arms.

After Chaeyoung showed Taehyung the many, many things he needed to keep track of, the young girl walked out of Taehyung's office with a 'thank you', the man checked his email to find an email back from Yoongi.

To: taehyung_kimV@bsha.com
Subject: Re: none

Hello Taehyung-ssi,

It's alright, it can wait ;)). I'm free after work. I'll just go to your office just as we planned. Thanks anyway.

From,
Min Yoongi

Taehyung was glad as soon as he received the email. He checked the time, 11:45.

He got up, grabbed his phone, took the elevator down to the lobby and walked to the secretary's desk.

There he saw the brown-haired man standing up at his desk, just about to exit his desk. He caught sight of Taehyung.

"Hello again." He greeted and Taehyung smiled as he approached the desk.

"Any place in particular?" The older asked.

"EatJin, maybe? It's the only place I know that has good food, reasonable prices and near here." Jungkook sheepishly said.

"No problem, let's go." Taehyung suggested and he got excited. I'll go anywhere, as long as you're there.

a/n---------

I haven't updated in sooO lonG