chapter 11

Mia is seated in the back seat of a taxi headed for starlight bar. She'd hurried out of  her house without giving Nate a reasonable explanation as to why she was leaving just that she had something important to attend to.

She felt bad for not telling him but she knew he'd oppose.

The call had not been Chris but a bartender using his phone saying Chris was wasted and causing trouble,telling her to come pick him up as her number was the only number with several missed calls and messages in the last hour.

She'd thanked him and asked him to text the address and he did. Once again she had escaped yet another conversation with Nate. Was she really going to break up with him. She wasn't sure.

Now it had been postponed till she gets back. Her phone already has 8 missed calls from him,a lot of texts still unanswered. She didn't know what to say to him right now so she didn't answer his texts.

Nate had hinted what she was about to say and he would never allow that.

He would never break up with her not even if she begged. He was fast becoming obsessed with her. In all the months they'd been together,he'd tried to be patient with her but she was taking too long.

Mia stepped down from the taxi, just realising she was not in the right outfit. She was still wearing her apron and luckily she had her bag with her. She took off the apron and tossed it in her bag.

She checked herself, she was so not in the right outfit,but she didn't care. She ran into the bar ,her hair still in a rough bun.

She looked around ,and then she spotted some guys yelling angrily at someone_Chris.  She rushed to  his side,he was bruised. A few cuts on his knuckles and a little one by his cheek.

"Chris ,what happened to you,who did this,Chris can you hear me" mia tried to help him stand. She had no idea why she still cared so much even after she vowed to never forgive him.

He glanced at her,his eyes almost closing,he was so drunk but the hits he'd received and returned had sobered him up a bit." Mia..."

"Take care of your boyfriend better,don't let him run  his mouth" the guys walked away. Some of them with slight bruises. Boyfriend?. Mia flushed.

She helped him up,said a few words to the bartender before she went out of the bar.  His car,had to be here,but I can't .....oh god she thought.

She grabbed his keys from his pocket secretly hoping he didn't use his bike. She threw  her arms around his waist urging him to walk. His arms around her shoulders.

She looked around the parking lot,how the hell was she supposed to know his car. Even in  his half drunk/sober state,he realised she was tensed as she looked around the parking lot. And he figured she was looking for his car.

"Red....."

"What,Chris what did you say?"

"The red car,.......is mine"

Mia looked at the car a few feet from them. It was the only red car in the parking lot thankfully. It was by far a very expensive car but she shook off the thought.

She felt conflicted,when she realised this was almost the same thing that happened 8 years ago. Her helping him home after he got drunk and then .......things happened. She had to be alert this time, it definitely can't happen again.

She got him in the passenger seat,reaching around to belt him up. Their faces drew close but she shut her feelings off. She tried.

She sat in the drivers seat not knowing where to go. She didn't know where he lived. She turned to look at him,almost panicking. Then she realised .....GPS.