Chapter 4: When the roads cross

Start from the beginning

Rook: Thanks Dad!Eversince I took him in he insists on calling me Dad, so as a good man I am I decided to adopt him

Rook: Thanks Dad!
Eversince I took him in he insists on calling me Dad, so as a good man I am I decided to adopt him. I suggested the name Rook Baker, but he insists on using Rook Rose. In fact Rook Rose was the name he used to enroll at Beacon in his first year. Well I'm glad he graduated as one of he top students along with his friends from team CFVY.

(Y/N): No problem. Well since it's almost that time of the year, tomorrow's your first day as a second year student in Beacon academy, you have good friends with you....so how long when will you get a girlfriend already?
Rook: Wh-what?! I-I'm not that....attractive.
(Y/N): Psh, ridiculous, Everytime that Coco girl comes here I always see her throwing hints at you yet you're too dense about it. *sigh* I know your semblance is Rock manipulation not Rock Denser.
Rook was embarrased and I just laughed.
(Y/N): Anyways *puts a hand on Rook's shoulder* make me proud again son.
Rook nods.
Rook: Of course I would old man.
(Y/N): Hey hey watch the tone mister. I ain't that old yet.
Rook laughed and after a while I did too.
(Y/N): Well before you start tomorrow how about you help me manage the shop.
Rook: Sure!

This time Rook will be baking and I'm gonna man the cashier. Ariza left a few years ago because she and Diego got married and is now living in Rodigan Village while Diego is the chief now.

I punch in the customer's orders and they hand me their tray of chosen products. It was a bit slow day since it's almost night time and no one really guys bread in this time. Only a handfull of customers were in the bakery. The door opened and a girl in red stepped in. She looks familiar, though I can't put my finger on it.

(Y/N): Welcome to Bread, Butter, and Coffee. What would you like to order?
Red: I would like some......
She looked around and saw the strawberry chocolate chip cookies
Red: Those cookies!
I chuckle at her enthusiasm, it's like watch a kid point at their Favourite candy.
(Y/N): Okay, how many would you like little red? (Author: Ruby is 15 this time.)
Red: I would like....2 dozens.
I pulled out 1 tray which has 2 dozens of cookies in it and I neatly placed the cookies in a box.
(Y/N): Would that be all?
Red: Yes please.
(Y/N): Then that will be 430 lien.
Red handed me the lien, while punching her order on the register I saw hear eating the cookies immediately. I chuckle at this sight.
(Y/N): You must really like those cookies huh?
Red: *muffled* ofcorsh *swallows the cookie inside her mouth* I always eat these during my birthdays.
(Y/N): So I guess the Dude with black hair, and a grey dress shirt with a long tail and wears a red tattered cloak is your dad?
Red: No, he's my Uncle.
(Y/N): Oh, I thought he was your dad because of the cloak you wear and the black hair with red tips.
Red: Hehe, my Dad's blond. My mom has black hair so I guess I got it from her. Oh and by the way Mr. Cashier you have black hair and red tips! Like mine!
(Y/N): Yeah, hehe what a coincidence ain't it? Oh and you could call me Dan.
I extend our my hand and she shook it.
Ruby: And I'm Ruby!
Ruby huh?......sounds familiar.
(Y/N): Well nice to meet you Ruby and thank you for your patronage in our cookies.
Ruby: Hehe, I should be the one thanking you for making these delicious cookies. Anyways I'm off, I have to buy some dusts for my weapon. Bye!
She waved good bye and I waved as well. What a nice girl. She must have good parents.

Time skip Ozpin's POV (Ozpin interviewing Ruby) (Author: Warning! I will bend this a bit, please don't hate!)

Ozpin: Miss Rose, you have silver eyes......and black hair with red tips.
Ruby: Hehe, yeah.
Ozpin: How is your mother doing?
Ruby: You know my mom?
Ozpin: Of course, she was the leader of one of the top teams in Beacon.
Ruby: Woah! well she's doing fine.
Ozpin: How about your dad?
Ruby: Dad? Well he teaches at signal.

I see....so she doesn't know about her real dad.

Ozpin: I see....Well how about I offer you a chance to join my academy?
Ruby: Really?!
Ozpin: Yes.

Time skip after Ruby left.

I was at my desk watching a video of Ruby's fight against Torchwick and his grunts. Fast and a bit reckless....heh like father like daughter huh.

I called the Bread, a butter, and Coffee. "Dan" picked it up.
Author: Here in Ozpin's POV (Y/N)'s name is indicated and NOT Dan.....so you could probably guess why. But Ozpin still calls him Dan.
(Y/N): Hello?
Ozpin: Ah Dan, I would like to ask you if you could deliver some of your best food tomorrow for the first year students.
(Y/N): That's a big order Mr. Ozpin, but sure I'll do it. After all I did it last year.
Ozpin: Good. I'm sure you'll find this year's first years to be...interesting.
(Y/N): Okay then.

Dan hangs up and I look back at the view of Vale. I guess....How will the mother and the daughter will react when they saw the REAL father. I took a sip of my coffee. That's good coffee. I thought to myself as I sit back down on my chair.

~End Chapter