"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I don't know...the last thing I remember is being at my house..." I fought through my own mind, but nothing was coming to me. "All I remember was getting ready for bed, and then...I laid down and I just woke up here."

The doctor exchanged a glance with one of the nurses that made my stomach clinch.

"Ok, that's alright." The doctor spoke sweetly, nodding her head to me like I'm a child.

She patted my hand once like she was leaving, and when she went to stand I grabbed her wrist. "Please, what happened? What's going on?"

"Try not to worry right now." She smiled kindly, but all I wanted to do was shake her. How could I not worry? I have no idea what's going on right now. I just need her to sit back down and tell me something. Anything. I just need to know what's happened.

"Please." I squeaked again.

The doctor gave the nurse a look and then turned back to me, releasing herself from my grip she placed my hand back down onto the bed. "Everything is going to be fine." She assured me, but I felt like it was a big fat lie. "You've had a bad accident, but you're doing just fine. Everything is stable and all of your stats look very good. You were very lucky, Miss. Clark." Lucky is not the word I'd have chosen right about now. "Now just lay back for me, and Barbra here is going to give you something for the pain." She motioned to the large woman with hair so grey it almost looked blue. Until the doctor had mentioned it, I'd not had the time to notice the pain too much, but now that I did, I couldn't ignore the sharp pain in my head or the soreness of my whole body. "This is going to make you very sleepy, but when you wake up we will talk some more, alright?" She nods to Barba who waddles over with a smile and a syringe.

"Try to get some rest, dearie." She smiles.

I try to fight her off, but the doctor holds me still while Barbra pushes the liquid in her syringe right into my IV.

I don't need more rest. I try to shout it at them, but no words come out. The effects of the drug already tugging at my consciousness. I want answers. I want to know why I'm here, where my parents are, why isn't Trevor here either? I need to know, but I can't muster the words to ask.

Too quickly the pain in my body and the ringing in my ears began to fade away with my questions as the drug brought me right to the edge and sleep swallowed me whole.

Beep...beep...beep...beep...

I woke again some time later, completely disoriented as I tried to turn off the alarm on my bedside table only to find that the beeping sound wasn't coming from my alarm and I most certainly was not in my room at home.

Slowly the foggy memory comes back.

I'm in the hospital.

My failed attempt to sit up reminded me all too well that I am pretty stiff and sore, but I don't have the slightest idea of why.

The doctor had said something about me having an accident. But how?

I squeezed my eyes shut, thinking.

Pretty easily I remembered having been exhausted last night. I'd spent the whole day helping Dad put up a new fence around the backside of our property and I was worn slap out by the time I crawled into my bed with the horse sheets I'd had since I was ten.

But that's as far as I remember. I got in the bed, and I went to sleep.

So how did I end up here? Had I rolled off the bed and gotten a concussion or something?

It seemed like an easy enough explanation. I can be a little clumsy sometimes, so I wouldn't say it was outside of the realm of possibilities for me to have done it. Maybe I knocked my head so hard I just don't remember it happening or being brought here.