Chapter Forty-One

Owen

I pretended not to notice when Cassie stormed out.

I have business to take care of and everything she had said had been correct. We were stupid thugs that didn't care about anyone but ourselves. I am hurting so bad on the inside knowing that Cassie knows the full truth now. She knows what I am, how I came to know her, and she knows all of my lies. I don't even want to think about what she must be thinking and feeling. The girl was just held hostage for fuck's sake.

As much as I don't want to say it, I wish I had never slept with her. I shouldn't have ever let her be that vulnerable with me, knowing full well that so much of our time together had been deception and lies on my part. I was trash. Lower than trash even. I was pathetic and I deserved anything that I was going to get in this downfall.

"You just letting her walk out?" Holloway asked. I took a deep breath and I am sure he could see that now was not the time to fucking bring up Cassie. He held up a hand. "I am only saying, she is probably on her way to the police to turn you two in as we speak."

"Cassie wouldn't do that." I spat back at him. At least I am pretty sure she wouldn't. Hell, I don't know or care. If she does, then oh well. I deserve to rot in jail for what I put her through.

"If you say so." He replied.

I glanced at Troy and saw his brows were pulled together with worry. "Dude, just get out of here if you are scared." I said to him annoyed. I have a mess to clean up.

He rubbed his jaw for a moment and then shrugged. "No, you're right." He agreed. "Cassie wouldn't snitch." He turned his glare to Holloway. "Time to take out this garbage." He said smiling at him.

This part would be easier than I care to admit. We got all of the information we could get from him, he serves no other purpose and after what he did to Cassie he deserves what's coming to him.

Troy and I shoved him down into the tub, crammed a pillow over his face, and then shot him point blank with his gun with the silencer. I tossed the gun into the tub with him and then went to the other room and started cleaning the carpet in the spots where the blood from his shoulder had gotten. Troy dipped out of the room to go by the store to get what else we would need.

I am damn lucky to have him as a friend. I don't know anyone else who would find out their pal was in trouble, hop on a plane, and come to the rescue. Troy had texted me letting me know he was in town and that Holloway was on our tracks. I had only left the hotel for a short while to pick him up from the airport, then drop him down the street from the hotel just in case Holloway wasn't working alone, I didn't want him to see me arrive with backup. The plan had gone smoothly, even though it got slightly more heated by Cassie confronting Holloway the way she did. The girl had balls. Troy booked the room beneath ours and then pulled his way up from his balcony to ours. All of that lame parkour he is into actually paid off. He had bust in just in time to stop Holloway from shooting Cassie. He had been taken completely by surprise. That's what happens when you walk around thinking you know everything.

I finished up with the cleaning and Troy arrived back with the supplies we needed.

We shoved Holloway's body into a large suitcase, wrapping him in plastic first to be sure that no blood would escape. I washed out the tub then went back through the room to be sure I hadn't missed anything. You would never know the shit that went down in this room.

We loaded the bags onto the cart, checked out, and threw the suitcase into the back of the truck.

"Where are you going?" Troy asked from the passenger seat as I set out toward the airport.