Chapter Forty-Seven

Owen

I've hardly slept a wink since seeing Cassie.

When I got home from her show and got into bed I couldn't stop thinking of her. I was so nervous when I saw her finally that I had been so weird. I feel like I just stood there like some dumbass. I couldn't help it though. Cassie looked so different.

She was the same gorgeous girl she always has been, but she had a different feel about her. Cassie was so confident and just plain out beautiful. I was afraid to blink the entire time I stared at her because I had been sure that she must be a vision. I wondered to myself if she had gotten her memories back. I hadn't been able to think of anything like that to ask her before. I can't believe how stupidly nervous I was. When I handed her my phone so she could put her number in, I am sure she saw the way my hands were shaking.

This is such a reversal of us. Usually I'm the confident, bold one and Cassie was the sweet one being nerdy and nervous. Cassie had a major effect on me. It had taken every muscle in my body holding me back not to just run right up to her and throw my arms around her and kiss her perfect little mouth. Instead, I watched her walk away and held tight to my phone that now held my link to her.

Breaking things off with Lexie had been a bummer since I didn't like hurting her. She told me she was happy though that I was able to find Cassie again. I hadn't told her that I had no idea if Cassie was going to take me back or not.

I know she said that she wants to get together after the show and I am supposed to call her around that time, but I just can't wait that long. It's only 10:40 but I don't give a damn.

I dialed the number and waited to hear her answer.

"Hello?" Her angelic voice rang into my ear.

"Hey Cassie." I replied. "It's Owen."

"Oh, hi." She responded. I could hear the smile in her voice.

"I just couldn't wait until after your show to call." I told her truthfully.

"I'm glad."

"You are?" I asked.

"Of course I am, silly." She teased. "I've...Well, I've been thinking of you all morning."

I smiled at her words. "I've been thinking of you a lot longer than that." I admitted. "Can I see you sooner?"

"I can meet you for lunch if you want. 12 at Paul's Pizza?" She asked cheerfully.

"Yeah," I said. "That'll work for me."

"Great, I will see you soon then."

I hung up the phone feeling like everything in my life was finally starting to make sense again. When I had found out Cassie was getting engaged I had tried to be happy for her, and honestly I was. However, finding out that she wasn't getting married was the best news I think I have ever gotten. Could this mean I will get a second shot at Cassie? Is that even something she'd be open to?

I didn't want to get my hopes up, but that was pretty fucking impossible. I have got to have this girl. Cassie is the one. My only one. I'll do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes to make her mine.

I got dressed then went out to the garage to uncover my old motorcycle. I had stopped driving it so much a while back, but today I felt like feeling the rush of freedom that riding it used to give me. Parking anywhere in New York is a bitch without it anyway.

I started her up and took off. I got to the restaurant early, but I wanted to make sure we would be able to get the same table as the first time she and I had eaten here. I parked a little ways down the street. Since it was the lunch rush, there was no way I was finding a space any closer. I walked up the sidewalk and saw that Cassie was already here too. She was sitting alone at one of the outside tables on the patio. I admired her as I approached. Cassie had her head down and she was playing with her phone. She had on a tank-top and faded jean shorts with a pair of UGG boots. I rolled my eyes. Cassie sure did look the part of the New York actress. I stopped at the table and her blue eyes popped up from her phone. "Oh hey." She greeted me. "You're early." She commented as she stood up.