Chapter Thirty-Two

Cassie

I was still feeling pretty low about the discovery I'd made earlier today, but I went on into work anyway. I wanted to talk to someone about it, but I for sure didn't want it to be Owen. That is just too awkward. I am already mortified enough that he saw it.

He didn't make a big deal about it, or make me feel worse. I am pretty lucky to have him in my corner. All of this would be too much to handle alone. Owen has really stepped up to the challenge of taking care of me.

I considered talking to Trix about the whole photo scandal when I get here, but after I thought about it I decided I probably shouldn't. I don't know how I would have been able to broach the subject with her. I know she had done her time as a stripper before she started on the bar, so she may not understand as well the way I'm feeling about having had God knows how many people seeing me naked.

"What's bumming you out today sweets?" Her raspy voice asked. "It's not boy trouble is it? I will hunt that pretty boy down for you."

I laughed at her and she swatted me with the rag she was using to wipe down the bar. "No, it has nothing to do with him." I told her. "He has been kind of perfect actually."

"I knew that you two were going to get together." She said. "I knew it the second he came in here looking for you, and I saw the way you two couldn't keep your eyes off of each other."

I blushed lightly. "He's actually a really great guy." I smiled. "You should have told me then. That way we wouldn't have wasted so much time."

Trix cut her eyes away from me. "Well it looks like he can't stand the time away from you either." She mused. "Lover boy just walked in." She said pointing to the front.

I followed her eyes and saw Owen pushing through the people to get over to the bar.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"I'm taking you home." He said rushed. I noticed he kept cutting his eyes all around, looking closely at every guy that walked by.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I've got a shift tonight, I don't get off until 3."

"I don't mean home to my place, I mean home home." He explained. "Come on, we've got a flight to catch."

I was so overwhelmed with confusion and emotions. "I don't understand." I said lowly. "How did you?"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me from behind the bar. "I wanted to do this for you, but I wasn't sure if I could." He told me. "I just got a raise and I want to use my bonus to take you home, you should see your sister, and you need to get any answers that you may be able to get from there."

I couldn't help but smile so big, and my eyes welled up with happy tears. I threw my arms around his neck and he held me tightly, lifting me up and twirling me around once before putting me back on my feet. "I can't believe this Owen." I whispered to him.

"We've got to go right now angel." He said smiling down at me. "I've already got all of your stuff, go ahead and head out to the cab, I need to hit the john real quick."

I ran back and gave Trix a huge hug then ran out to the cab that was waiting right outside the door. I am in such shock but I am elated too. Owen is taking me to see my family. The only family I have left. I need to know so badly what happened to my parents and how I fell out with my sister, and I can't wait to meet her husband. I still can't believe she has one, I always thought I'd get married first, but I am just happy for her anyway.