7 èlpahC

Throughout the whole time during school, I just stared at Aruka watching her every move, yet she barely even tilts her head to look at anything. She was still, like a doll and I couldn't sense anything from her. The picture of us floats in my mind, never leaving. Class ends abruptly and I'm left staring at the back of her head, getting up while she walks out of the room to keep her in my sights. My mind blocked out my surroundings, only focusing on the one person in front of me, as if I've known her all my life.

She stops when she steps in front of the alleyway, halting me in my tracks. Slowly, Aruka turns around and faces me, stabbing me with her cold gaze although her eyes are not visible. Her mouth doesn't move, not speaking a word. Finally, I pushed myself to yell out, "Tell me what's going on!" My eyes clenched shut as I yelled, letting my voice echo through the alleyway.

"Go ahead, tell him." A familiar voice speaks out from behind her. Walking away from the shadows, my mom appears in the light with her arms behind her back.

Aruka grins at me gloomingly as she pins her bangs away from her face, allowing me to see her eyes. Her brown eyes that feel so right when our eyes meet. Flashing her fangs, her eyes start to glow red. "I'm the one," she speaks, "I'm the one who turned you into a vampire... and ruined your life. It's me.. Sakura."

My heart shattered at her words as if she just stabbed me in the chest. Furrowing my eyebrows, she continued on, "We were happy together.. until I couldn't hold back anymore. You hated me so much that you forgot everything. But... I'm not sorry. I don't regret it.. because I love you."

Behind her, my mom starts walking towards me, glaring at Sakura as she makes her way. Tears slip down my hot cheeks with my mind pounding in pain. "Sweetie.. you can make your life normal again," my mom softly smiles at me, "There's only one thing you need to do." Taking my hand she brings her other hand from behind her back and places a gun in my hand. "Kill the vampire who turned you, and you will be human again."

Her words ring in my mind as I turned and looked at Sakura, her expression shows no sign of resistance. All of my anger and rage bundled up together and led me to pounce at her, bringing her to the floor. My mom cheers in excitement behind me as I pressed the gun against Sakura's temple.

Our eyes lock onto each other and she softly whispers to me, "Remember me." I stand her up, with the gun still pressed to the side of her head and face my mom, seeing that twisted smile. Letting out a long shaky breath, I move my arm and point the gun towards her with Sakura in my embrace.

"You lied to me, mom," I said through gritted teeth, "About everything." Her expression dropped immediately and anger started to poke through her poker face. "Why can't you just accept it? My love for her will never change."

"Your love for a monster, who ruined your life!" She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"She didn't ruin my life, she saved my life. I would have died if she wasn't the being that she is," I snapped at her, lowering the gun down and pointing it at the floor.

Unfazed, she ignores what I just said. "If you can't end it, I will." Pulling out a small pistol, she immediately pulls the trigger with it pointing straight at Sakura. The bullet freezes mid air halfway through and a second later, falls to the floor. My mind was throbbing in pain, but I managed to stop the bullet. The blue of my eyes reflected in my mother's as her expression changes to horror. Stuttering, she turns around and leaves the alleyway as fast as she could, no longer recognizing me as her son.

I look down at Sakura who is still in my embrace. Our eyes lock onto each other's with such power like never before as tears drip down my face. "Why... You made me forget everything and hid away for a whole year.." I cried, tightening my grip on her arm as if she would leave me again. Her lips fidget as she tries to find the words to speak.

"Jungkook.." Sakura's soft voice speaks out weakly, "I'm.." Blood drips from her nose while I stare at her. She closes her eyes and finishes with, "..sorry."

I collapse down onto my knees, holding her tightly. Craddling her, I cry into her chest loudly, unable to contain my emotions. I was so frustrated at everything, I just wanted to start over. Start over, living a new life.