It Was The Time

Magsimula sa umpisa

My nerves were excited to set foot in the ring again.

But this time, it was different.

The ring was different, the reason for winning was different.I was doing this for his Empire. For my Empire.

I was so excited to fight.

He nodded.

"That's what I said before a moment right?" He asked sarcastically.

I smiled my nerves jumping up and down.

"In a week!" I repeated.

He nodded.

"We have a little time left." He said, "We need to practice more."

I nodded.

"Are you afraid?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

"What if we loose? You know we won't get to fight ever again." He reminded.

I thought of it for a moment.

I knew loosing would mean we won't get to fight ever again as per the rules of the Ring.

But I knew we wouldn't loose.

We would win at any damn cost.

"We won't loose. They are not strong enough to fight the Rey's fighters." I smirked and a sillier sir grew on his face.

"That's his girl!" He said lifting his hand to land a punch on my face and I quickly responded by holding it blocking out the punch.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

He didn't respond as he pounced on me I ducked down trying to get hold of my knife that lay on the ground.

He kicked it away and his fist landed in my stomach making me wince in pain.

I quickly stabilised myself.

My hand going around his neck I strangled him and he kicked my leg causing my to stumble. Pain shot though it. He held my hand lifting me up and throwing me down on the ground.

He purposely landed me slowly on the floor trying not to hurt me.

"Whenever you strangle someone, keep your eye on their legs." He said offering me his hand to get up.

I slapped it away standing up on my own taking the proper stance to fight.

It started and continued for next hours.

The room filled with winces and Ken shouting instruction at me.

He was always better than me. I knew that. He never went easy on me. He made me feel the pain. But he was always careful not to cause any serious injury.

He started the fight at least expected times always asking me to stay alert.

Sometimes, he didn't let me use the knife even though he had one.

"Not always you will have it." As he said.

These all the things were important.

I learned many things from him.

Everyday, after practice, my body pained like bitch and the dried blood covered my face and hands, few cuts adorning me.

But it was all worth it.

"Concentrate Ara. Keep your eyes on me." He said as he twisted my hand behind my back kicking my leg causing me to fall on the ground. Pain shot through my body and my instincts became alive.