Nineteen: Nephilim Meets Angel

Claire gazed out at the Kansas landscape flying by out of the passenger's side window of the familiar truck. It felt so.. right to be in this truck again, with Ben, Jesse, and Chloe. It felt like she was really back.

But despite this, she was still nervous as hell. They'd left New York before the sun had come up. Then she'd called Sam an hour and a half ago, they knew that Ben, Claire, and Jesse were coming, and that something had happened, but they didn't know about Chloe, or what was wrong. And they were less than a mile away from the bunker now, she wasn't ready for this at all.

She'd only gotten to think for about thirty seconds longer, before the truck pulled over. "Everyone out." Ben said, everyone obeyed silently.

They were all eerily silent the whole way from the car to the door. They were standing right in front of it now, too nervous to go in. Claire was in front, since anyone else leading their group would be strange to the Winchesters. Ben was behind her, Jesse in the back, and Chloe between them for maximum shielding. "Are you ready, Chloe?" She asked her.

The Nephilim smiled warily at her. "No. We should go in anyway."

Claire smiled back at her, then pushed the door open.

The bunker was exactly as she remembered it being over a year ago. They were most of the way down the main staircase when Dean appeared.

"Hi kids." He said cheerfully, obviously not yet noticing the extra member of their party. "Ben, how are you doing?"

Ben smiled half heartedly. "I'm fine Dean." He told him. "But Claire..."

Claire was already running down the rest of the way. She stopped quickly when she was only a few feet away from them. "I died, Dean." She told him simply. "I- I spent a surface year in Hell. But that's not the only reason we came back here."

"Wha-" He started to say, but she cut him off.

"Go get Cas and Sam, I think she'd rather only explain this once, and you have a better chance of restraining your angel if Sam's helping." She said quickly.

Dean looked throughly confused, but left the room. Claire ran back up the stairs and stood inbetween Jesse and Ben, infront of Chloe, trying to shield her as much as she could. Dean returned less than a minute later, a tired Sam and Castiel looking exactly the same followed him.

"Claire, what's going on?" Cas asked her.

"Please don't kill her, Cas." Claire pleaded. "It's not really my place to explain..."

"It's mine." Chloe said as she stepped infront of them, head held high.

Cas looked shocked, confused, scared, and maddeningly angry.

Both Sam and Dean just looked really, really fucking confused. "Who the hell are you?" Dean asked Chloe.

"My name is Chloe Brooke." She said calmly, though she didn't look it. "I'm Nephilim, half angel, half human. My father was the angel Daniel, and my mother was a human named Melanie Brooke."

Castiel lurched forwards, an angry expression written on her face. But Dean stopped her, wrapping an arm around her waist an pulling her against him. They were so cute together it hurt, even when one of them looked like she was going to commit bloody murder. Then Dean's eyes shifted from his angel to Claire. "How long have you guys been hunting with a Nephilim?" He asked her, he sounded mostly confused.

Claire could only shrug. "For me, less than two months. But for Ben, Chloe, and Jesse... over a year." Jesse came forward and grabbed Chloe's arm, who willfully let him pull her back next to him.