Race day

Pic of Caleb above ^ 😍😍🤤🤤

******

Rosie's pov*

I woke up to my alarm beeping.

I groaned and rolled over pressing snooze.

Then realisation came to me that it was the day!

The annual Everdale winter race.

I sat up instantly

Butterfly's filling my stomach.

Oh my god I'm so nervous

I hopped out of bed, grabbed some black fitness tights, a blue sports bra and a grey singlet to go over and took my clothes to the bathroom with me.

I hopped into the shower only washing my body as I washed my hair last night.

I put on my clothes and tied up my hair into a high ponytail, looking in the mirror I saw my hair go down to my waist, it had got quite long over the summer.

I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs.

I turned the corner down from the stairs and saw a smiling Caleb sitting there on his phone.

Must be texting Chantel. I was so happy for him.

"Hey smilie" I said

Caleb looked up and smiled at me "morning Rosie, you excited?"

"Heck to the no" I said

"I'm more nervous than anything. I mean what if I sprain my ankle and come last, or get dehydrated I faint, or- "

I'm cut off as I'm just about to suggest another thing that could happen

"Rosie, jeez, calm down. That's not gonna happen, you've been training for months. You'll be sweet" Caleb said

"Heh yeah... I guess your right. But it's still possible any of those things could happen" I reply

Caleb just chuckles and shakes his head.

I walk over to the pantry and grab out some oatmeal and fruit, putting the oatmeal in a bowl and adding some strawberries and blueberries to it.

I need to have a good breakfast, so I have the best energy for the race.

A few minutes later a sleepy mum comes down the stairs

"Morning mum" I say

"Morning hunny, how are you feeling today" mum says

"Pretty nervous" I reply

"Oh well sweeties there's nothing to be worried about, your gonna kill it out there" mum says well giving me a small peck on the peck on the forehead

"Thanks mum" I hug her and then continue making my breakfast.

I sit down to eat my breakfast and put on the news

Tv News:
"Welcome to tv Everdale news, today is a big day for a lot of people here in Everdale. Today is the annual winter race, a yearly race we're teens from all over Everdale come along and race eachother, the winner gets a $100,000 cheque, and a free school tuition. So come along to support all the contestants, and even if you aren't supporting anyone, come down to have some hot food and drinks, and go into draws to win some goodies. We will be having hot food stalls, as well as serving drinks. So come on down to have a good day! We will see you all there!"
——————————

Back to Rosie's pov

I smile, looks like it's gonna be a nice day out there.

Once I've finished my breakfast I wash my dishes and go up to the bathroom.