Mint and Oak

~ 7 years later ~

Rosie's pov***

"Mum! Dad! Do you know we're my book is?"

I run down the stairs, flipping pillows on the couch looking for my book. Sarah my mum comes down the stairs shortly after, "oh honey it's right up there" she says pointing up to the bookshelf. I look up happy that she's found it, I chuckle and say "thanks mum, I honestly don't know what I would do without you." I give her a small peck on the cheek and head back upstairs. I hear mum muttering something a chuckling. But don't bother to ask as I walk into my bedroom climb out the window, down the ladder and sit down by the red apple tree. I love sitting by the tree and reading my favourite book, the secret garden. As I'm reading all peaceful I see a ball fly past me. I look confused at it but then soon smirk as I know who it belongs to, "Calebbb? I know your out there. Come on, I've got your ball" shortly after Caleb walks out from behind a bush with a grin on his face, "hey there Rosie Posie, how are you?" I smile, Rosie Posie is my nickname from him, he called me it since we met, at like 5 years old. I love him, he's my best friend, and he's always there for me. "Well hello Caleb, now what were you up to?" He grabs the ball and asks me "want to go play catch?" I smile grab his hand and we go run to go play catch.

*few moments later*

Me and Caleb are arguing over who got the ball stuck in the tree. It was me but I love teasing him, saying it was him. With a smirk on my face and a frown on Caleb's we walk into my house. I go into the fridge and grab a red apple for me and a green apple for Caleb. I love red apples and Caleb loves green apples, I toss him his apple an he catches it easily. We're crunching on our apples when there's a knock on the door, I walk over to see who it is. I open the door and there's a grinning uncle phil standing there. "Uncle Phil!" I squeal and give him a big hug. I feel his chest rising and falling as he's laughing "good to see you Rosie, I missed you" I step back and smile up at him "I missed you too uncle" I see he's carrying a small bag and I ask him "what's in the bag?" He smiles and gives it to me, it's a gift for you, got it from the markets. I smile and say Thankyou then take a look in the bag, there's a bracelet that looks to be homemade, it's braided with my name Rosie in the middle, the bracelet twisted beautifully around it, with a small white rose charm on it. I look at it with awe, absolutely in love with it already. I give Uncle Phil another hug saying "Thankyou! I love it" he smiles and replys "I knew you would". We then walk back into the kitchen and Caleb looks up and grins "Phil! Your back" Caleb gets up and gives uncle phil a hug. "And look Caleb, at what he got me" Caleb looks at the bracelet and smiles "it will look beautiful on you. Here let me help you put it on" Caleb helps put the bracelet and again I look at it with adore. Mum and dad walk in and we all catch up. It's so good when uncle phil comes visit us, it's like the missing part of the family is gone and when he's back, were whole again.

~later that night~

I'm in bed and I'm freezing! It's not even a cold night but for some reason I couldn't stop shivering. I didn't want to tell mum and dad. They would get awfully too worried. But I was doing everything I could to get warmth, but nothing was working. Something was missing. Then it started to get worse and worse. What was happening to me?
*BANG*
I gasp, what was that? It sounded like it came from the window. I open my window and look outside but nothing's there? As I'm about to close the window a delicious scent comes wofting through the air, it's mint and oak. Smells so good, I hear a voice inside me say mate. Mate? I'm confused, this has happened to me before but only when I was young. This is so strange. Then out of nowhere a boy is standing there, he has gorgoues black hair and those peircing blue eyes, they look familiar? Wait. I know this person? "Jake?" I call out. The boy then starts climbing up the ladder and instantly I feel warmth spread through my body. I sigh in relief, it feels so good. I back up a bit waiting to see what he does, he climbs into my bedroom. I'm too startled to talk, words can't seem to form out of my mouth. He walks right up to me breathing heavily but just stands there I feel so warm. Him standing so close, I just want to wrap my arms around him and get all the warmth I can. But I don't. His scent is stronger then ever, a delicious mint and oak. He inhales deeply and a look of satisfaction flashes across his face before its replaced with serious again. He then starts to walk away and that's when I finally say something. "Wait" he stops but doesn't look at me, he then says something "don't tell anyone. You can't tell anyone" before running off into the dark. I instantly feel the warmth disappear and I'm craving for it back, aswell as the mint and oak scent.
What a weird night
~
Woahhh, so that was weird right? Hope you enjoyed! I'm loving writing this story, anyway
Please remember to...

Vote, Comment and Share!
Fanks lovelys 💗