Disease

{Weston's POV}
Cancer... a six letter word which is small but deadly. It can take someone right before your eyes. It could take you. I despise this disease with every bit of anger that courses through my body. I hate it so much that it angers me to think about it.

That six letter word took my entire world from my hands. I wanted to die. I thought that without Charli I was no one until my bestfriends Ethan and Grayson saved my life.

Its crazy to think that 6 months ago I could have been dead and been with my bestfriend but she wouldn't want that. She would have been so disappointed in me because I'm strong and I have it in me to make it through things and to pull myself out from the depths of hell.

Charli was the type of girl to laugh at anything even if the joke was so bad you laughed because it was terrible she would laugh because thats just who she was.

Charli was the daring friend. If the tide was high and it wasn't safe to go down to the beach she would be the first one on that beach.

She had this curvaceous figure, she wasn't skinny, she had this honey glow to her skin which sparkled through all seasons, all year through. Her lips were plump, her emerald green eyes sparkled and her long red hair swayed as she walked. She was beautiful until cancer struck. I'm not even trying to be a bitch I'm just telling the truth.

It took away the gleam and hope that forever lied in her eyes, the glow in her skin, the sway in her hair, the velocity in her lips. She became brittle. She was so unhappy but she deserved the entire world.

There was nothing anyone could do to save her. I'm just glad she got to meet her idol, Kid Cudi.

She admired him more then anyone knew. When we surprised her for a moment the gleam in her eyes was restored but it soon faded when the news was broken to her that chemotherapy couldn't save her anymore and that it was too late the cancer was fast spreading. She was young. Charli was 15. She had her whole life with Aaron ahead of her.

She didn't even get to see prom. We had talked about it for years. We had planned to have matching style dresses but different colours.

That was the end of it. We all said our goodbyes and sat in the waiting area anticipating the news that she was a survivor but it was the complete opposite. It was the news that she had died.

Charli wasn't one to give up with anything at all but this was a battle she struggled to fight.

I visit her grave everyday after school but today I decided that I can't mourn her forever and that I need to keep her in my heart instead of torturing my mind with her grave everyday wishing that there was something I could have done to save her.

I intertwined my fingers with Grayson's fingers and rested our hands on my thigh as he drove me home.

"You okay?" Grayson asked.

"I'm fine" I smiled.

"Grayson?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"We can stop holding hands now" I laughed.

"I want to hold hands" he smiled.

"Uh okay-" I awkwardly replied gulping down a breath.

He pulled his hand away from mine and I grabbed his hand again holding it tighter then before.