After all, it was a full-on rave they were heading to, and Eliza was pretty confident these things didn't kick off until well into the night. The world outside transformed from a dull backdrop into a vibrant kaleidoscope as they drove through it.

Off to the side, a Ferris wheel burst to life, adorned with swirling rainbow lights that seemed to bounce off everything around them. Eliza couldn't help but breathe in sharply, caught up in the sheer exuberance of it all. The bass from the music pulsed against their chests, and a carnival, all flashing lights and laughter, whizzed by in a blur.

On the boardwalk, people were streaming toward the colorful lights like moths drawn to a flame. Eric hit the gas, causing the car to lurch forward with a burst of speed. To the world zipping by on the bridge, they were no more than a fleeting shadow. 

Eliza caught their own reflection on the surface of the ocean, the water reflecting back the glittering lights. The waves crashed against each other, casting sparkling ripples that sent a thrill down their spine. It was a heady mix of excitement and nerves, aching to break free from the confines of the car.

With a gradual ease, Eric slowed the car down and steered it into a sandy parking lot. The wind, the rush, the whole wild scene had Eliza's body practically buzzing.

Eliza had never known happiness like this before. In this moment, it was as if every worry had faded, replaced by an overwhelming sense of joy that bubbled up from deep within.

Eliza's date skillfully found a parking spot, and then Eric courteously opened her door, extending his hand. With a simple touch of a button, the trunk of the car sprang open. Eliza playfully skipped over to it and rummaged through her beach bag. Spotting her broomstick, memories of Jared's words echoed in her mind.

"Stay out of the crowd," Eliza recalled Jared's advice.

She shrugged, sighed, and retrieved the special white boots that Dawn had given her. The sand had already started infiltrating her flip flops, and she knew it would upset Dawn if she caught Eliza not wearing the boots. Sliding her feet into them, she wrapped her cardigan around her waist to complete the look.

As Eliza shut the trunk, she turned around and caught Eric staring at her, his expression a mixture of astonishment and disbelief. His mouth hung open in shock, and he looked like he might start drooling any moment.

"Wow, you're glowing!" Eric exclaimed, his finger pointing in her direction.

Eliza glanced down at her outfit, noticing that the baby pink outlines on the fabric were indeed radiating under the moonlight. Unable to contain her delight, she twirled around, a smile lighting up her face. She had no idea that her attire was made from glow-in-the-dark material.

With a confident stride, Eliza approached Eric, whose mouth still remained agape. Playfully, she slid her index finger under his chin, lightly tickling his facial hair, and then gently closed his mouth.

"You're staring," Eliza teased, a smirk tugging at her lips.

Eric burst into laughter and unexpectedly scooped Eliza off the ground.

"Hey, put me down!" Eliza protested, her voice carrying a mixture of laughter and surprise.

"No way," Eric responded, his grin infectious.

Approaching the massive crowd, the energy in the air was electric, almost palpable. Eric set Eliza down gently, and they stood side by side, their eyes wide with wonder as they took in the scene before them. 

Among the dancing throng, guys shirtless and splattered with paint moved in sync with girls sporting colorful bras, creating a kaleidoscope of movement and color. The urge to join in the lively spectacle bubbled within them. Eric's biting his lip revealed his excitement, and he held out his hand for Eliza to take.